• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTAV performance thread.

Caporegime
High Grass detail.

GTA5_2015_08_18_15_32_59_398.jpg

:D

Caporegime
Matt are you having any issues in regards to fps drops and stutter? i'm getting loads of issues.
Seems to be on the game side rather than AMD Drivers though.

Rockstar have released a new patch for GTA V and it has fixed the FPS drops and stuttering. Check steam to update. :)

Rockstar said:
This issue has now been resolved with a Title Update. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet at boot to download and install the update.

Associate
Rockstar have released a new patch for GTA V and it has fixed the FPS drops and stuttering. Check steam to update. :)

No it hasn't, it was just a social club update.

EDIT: Forgive me, I didn't see that you were referring to AMD drivers. There is a huge problem with the game right now regarding stutters. See https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/205135397-Cover-Stutter-Game-Breaking-Widespread-Issue- and http://gtaforums.com/topic/812462-cause-of-stutter-identified/ for details.

Been two months and no word from Rockstar at all.

Last edited:
Caporegime
No it hasn't, it was just a social club update.

EDIT: Forgive me, I didn't see that you were referring to AMD drivers. There is a huge problem with the game right now regarding stutters. See https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/205135397-Cover-Stutter-Game-Breaking-Widespread-Issue- and http://gtaforums.com/topic/812462-cause-of-stutter-identified/ for details.

Been two months and no word from Rockstar at all.

It's not a driver issue, there is nothing we can fix on our end. It's a game issue and Rockstar have released patches for it.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/206862727

Associate
It's not a driver issue, there is nothing we can fix on our end. It's a game issue and Rockstar have released patches for it.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/206862727

I know its nothing to do with AMD. Believe me the PC gaming community has been pestering Rockstar for the past two months for an update and nothing yet lol.

That update you linked was in July and didn't resolve the issue, it is now getting closer to September and the game is still unplayable for many of us. That GTA Forum post for example was started beginning of August, and is completely dedicated to the stuttering that occurred ever since the second IGG update.

I just wish Rockstar wasn't being so quiet about all of this, as gamers we are completely in the dark about whether its being fixed, and how long we may have to wait for an update.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What image quality settings are you using and how is the game running for you?

Im just using the same ones i used on my 290X.

@1440p
FXAA = On
MSAA = Off
V-sync = Off
Pause Game On Focus Loss = On
Population Density = Full
Population Variety = Full
Distance Scaling = Full
Texture Quality = V High
Shadow Quality = V High
Reflection Quality = V High
Reflection MSAA = x2
Water Quality = V High
Particle Quality = V High
Grass Quality = High
Soft Shadows = Soft
Post FX = Ultra
Motion Blur = Full
In game DOF = On
Aniso = x16
Ambient Occlusion = High
Tessellation = V High

All Advanced On/Full, apart from Frame Scaling = Off.

Runs fine, just a bit stuttery now and again, but a helluva lot better now that i sorted my odd memory issue in it out :)

High Grass Detail, my 290X @1080 on the core, only got around 47fps, so around 119fps @ the same setting on the Furys, is quite a jump :p

Loads, glad you happy with your cards not many would have stayed with AMD never mind the fury.

Thanks, yeah some people would have probably just given up, and gone Nvidia, but thought id give the non 'X's a go, and was the right decision, as couldn't be happier, fantastic cards. :)

Associate
No vsync for me makes 80fps feel more like 30fps. It just doesn't work for me. I find the smoothest I can get it is to force vsync with drivers + enable in game.

I just cannot get on with MSAA either it's too much of a resource hog. I find SweetFX AA to perform much better than in game or driver AA.

I currently have SMAA and FXAA enabled in SweetFX and its really good + performance is good (image quality will depend on your preset obv, I'm using Quentins atm as it sharpens the image nicely)

Soldato
No vsync for me makes 80fps feel more like 30fps. It just doesn't work for me. I find the smoothest I can get it is to force vsync with drivers + enable in game.

I just cannot get on with MSAA either it's too much of a resource hog. I find SweetFX AA to perform much better than in game or driver AA.

I currently have SMAA and FXAA enabled in SweetFX and its really good + performance is good (image quality will depend on your preset obv, I'm using Quentins atm as it sharpens the image nicely)

That goes for the both of us bud. I have quentins sweetfx and have fxaa enabled in game with SMAA being injected from the profile and its beautiful.

I also have msaa x4 which....gets turned off on a sunny day as my gfx cards temps get too hot.

Generally with my settings I see 40 degrees CPU, 31 socket. Then 65 degrees for my primary card and 60 for secondary. But on a hot day my gfx cards jump to 80/85 which for the length of sessions I run on the game, I don't want to keep the cards at that so I turn MSAA off and I get 60/65 which is better.

I cant play gta without sweetfx anymore...looks washed out :( which is stupid considering how good it looked to me before using it haha

Associate
I cant play gta without sweetfx anymore...looks washed out :( which is stupid considering how good it looked to me before using it haha

So true.

I found FXAA was needed to clear up some jags but it also introduced some blur. Anyway, I altered the sharpness in Quentins SweetFX and it brought back all that detail lost with FXAA :p

#define sharp_strength 3.00

Associate
Hi Guys, recently upgraded my GPU for Crossfire 280X's to my 980Ti.
I was playing GTA V for around an hour yesterday, when it crashed "err_gfx_d3d_init error"
Some say it could be a GPU overclock, others have said change GPU power settings to Performance from adaptive. New to the greens, any help is appreciated!
No issues before!

Associate
I'm getting exactly the same error message but just gone the other way. Had a gtx570 and got a MSI 390 delivered today from overclockers. Didn't get much time to play with it but the time I did have I had 3 crashes on gta with this error. Frustrating as although graphically it wasn't great, I never had a single crash with the old card.

Caporegime
Playing around with some new settings in GTA V, this time with Vsync off and just using FreeSync. The game is so smooth, feels really nice. Ditched MSAA too as i couldn't really notice a difference, and i think the game looks 10x better with AMD CHS and High Quality Shadows enabled.

GTA V runs best on two Gpu's i find. Three works well but QuadFire does not work that well under Windows 10 in GTA V, it ran much better on 8.1. Two Fury X with FreeSync in this game is lovely, FreeSync really makes such a big difference in this game. I can't really tell the difference between using 1>2 GPU's with FreeSync running.

GTA5_2015_09_05_12_25_04_392.jpg

GTA5_2015_09_05_12_25_10_775.jpg

GTA5_2015_09_05_12_25_23_672.jpg

GTA5_2015_09_05_12_15_42_727.jpg

GTA5_2015_09_05_12_15_54_857.jpg

GTA5_2015_09_05_12_20_56_361.jpg

GTA5_2015_09_05_12_21_00_468.jpg

GTA5_2015_09_05_12_22_59_673.jpg

Associate
Matt, did they fix the square shadows bug with AMD CHS?

And your 1st screenshot of the game(not the settings) looks horrible. That electricity post/tower at the back looks really bad, truck grill looks crap as well. Jaggies all over the place. The rest of the screens look great.
Also I noticed you did not have view distance set to max. Any reason for that? I never had any issues with performance when having everything maxed out, except MSAA. With 2 GPUs

Back
Top Bottom