• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTAV performance thread.

Soldato
This game is still totally broke for me, Massive FPS stutter (Vram no where near 4Gb) Fps just bounce about normally ending in the fps just dropping to 24fps and staying there no matter what the scene.

Associate
My performance changed dramatically going from my i5-3450 to i7-5820k and setting it to use 12 threads over 6.

The only time I get FPS drops is if I am flying a Hydra, at night, over the northern side of the map. Not too sure what setting is causing this but I am running absolute max settings with 4x MSAA.

Soldato
How did you set it to use 12 threads instead of six??

Or are you talking about Core parking?

Game is totally maxed for me too using x4Msaa, all advanced on and maxed, fps when it working is awesome, about 80fps avg, just it's only smooth for about 1 second lol.

Soldato
How did you set it to use 12 threads instead of six??

Or are you talking about Core parking?

Game is totally maxed for me too using x4Msaa, all advanced on and maxed, fps when it working is awesome, about 80fps avg, just it's only smooth for about 1 second lol.

go into services, find the GTA5.exe and set affinity

Go to task manger processes

right click on GTA5.exe

click Go to details

Right click on the GTA5.exe

Click set affinity

check all cores

Thats how I do it anyway

Soldato
Associate
Happy to have helped :p

Not sure if GTA recognises it can use 12 threads or not, as I went straight from an i5 to a 5820k, and set it to use 12 threads straight away, so it could just be a coincidence that I noticed the performance increase... Either way, better safe than sorry I guess?

Soldato
Do you own it on Steam or via Social Club?

On Steam, right click > Properties > General > Set Launch options and fill it in like so:

Z4U197E.png

On Social Club, follow this: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202518358-Available-Command-Lines-for-GTAV-on-PC

And add "-maxthreads 12" on its own line without the quotation marks :)

Help me out Joe - what exactly does one right-click in Steam? I've tried both GTA V exe's. They don't have a Set Launch options option.

Back
Top Bottom