• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1080 - Possible issue?

Associate
Hey guys!

Had my PC since January this year and had no issues at all until yesterday.
I turned the PC off like normal, turned it off at the mains after too.
Went to go downstairs and heard a *Clunk* noise, did not know what it was so thought nothing of it.
Came back up a few hours later, turned the PC back on to hear this like vibrating/scraping/lawnmower noise coming from my PC, the noise stopped after the "Fan Stop" light came on on the side so i turned it off, tried again, same noise. Did the same thing a few times to see if it went away (it did not).
While the PC was turned off with no power i took the side panel off to have a closer look. span the 3 fans gently on the GPU to see if they were ok and one of the 3 fans is no longer flush to the GPU, it's like it's come slightly off the spindle and if i push the fan up slightly it goes up and in where the other 2 are fine.
Since then there's been no noise but my PC is a tad louder (when gaming) than it used to be.
Is this something i should be worried about?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom