1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTX 1080Ti SLI, 1800x...CPU Fan not working. Help Needed.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by cozmen, 5 Jan 2018.

1. cozmen

Associate

Hi in this report, I have encountered a number of issues regarding my PC build.
    As of now, only 1/6 CPU fan is working, I have no monitor output, RGB lights are working on the Graphics cards. Could the motherboard be dead?

Here is my PC Build:
    • CPU: Ryzen 1800x @3.8Ghz 8 Cores, 16 Threads
    • CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer Cooler 360 All-In-One
    • GPU1: GTX 1080Ti Strix 11GB (SLI)
    • GPU2: GTX 1080Ti Strix 11GB (SLI)
    • Sli Bridge: ASROCK SLI Bridge 60mm
    • Motherboard: ASRock X370 Taichi
    • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 32GB RAM (2x16GB)
    • Monitor: Acer Z35P 35'' 3440x1440 100Hz
    • Case: Corsair 750D Airflow Edition
    • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
    • Extension Lead: 14-Way
    Also, Links are at the bottom to understand more of the components and equipment.

Timeline:
    27/12/2017-03/01/2018: PC functioning as expected, when cousin was playing Assassins Creed Origins comfortably. After the transportation of the PC to a new location, the PC does not seem to be functioning as expected.

I decided to unload all the boxes setting up my device for use again.
    Test 1: First boot-up, windows was running but no CPU fan were functioning.

Test 2: On 04/01/2018, I had access to the motherboard through the monitor, the CPU fan was not functioning at all.

As of Today (05/01/2018 11:00AM), the monitor is not displaying anything, potentially due to the graphics card?
    • The CPU Cooler is only running one fan, all other five are not functioning.
    • There is no output to the monitor, however, there was output yesterday. (04/01)
    • The RGB lights are working on both graphics cards.
    • All other Case fans are working.
    • All wires are connected to their allocated component.

Here are some questions:
    1. Is it possible that the 1000w Power supply sharing the power with four other devices through the Extension cable cause a power surge? and the components are damaged through this?
    2. Is it possible that the components were damaged through transmit, I did have the PC case (all components inside) on the back seat, the car did go over a number of bumps and potholes in the road.
    3. Could the motherboard be completely damaged?

Thank you for reading this post, hopefully I can get this PC working again!
    cozmen

Last edited: 5 Jan 2018
  2. foster grant

Soldato

1. You may need to remove the links that show where you bought your PC hardware .

2. Read the T&Cs .

3. cozmen

Associate

These are links from the manufacturers, not the suppliers I purchased them from.

Last edited: 5 Jan 2018