• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 570 or Radeon HD 6970? (Plus dimensions)

Associate
My current 4870 1GB is starting to struggle as I recently upgraded my monitor to a 27" 2560x1440 Hazro TFT, and I'm trying to play as many games as I can at native res! :p

I've had my current rig for three years now, so I think at the very least a GFX card upgrade is due. (My Q9550 still blazes along fine thanks to an SSD, so I'm not really looking at getting a whole new rig)

I'm currently umming-and-erring between a GTX 570 1.25GB or a Radeon 6970 2GB.

Considering that I want to be playing games at 2560x1440, or as close as I can get, my preference would be for the 6970 with its much greater VRAM. Would this make a significant difference?

Also, I currently have an Antec P182 case (original, non-SE version). Does anyone know if the 6970 2GB will fit in this case? Would I have to remove the spare HDD bay? I'm confident that the GTX 570 would squeeze-in, as it's the same length as my 4870 (give or take a few millimetres) but from what I can tell from Google, the 6970 is at least 3cm longer.

Back
Top Bottom