• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 780 upgrade

Soldato
I'd keep your 780 for now unless you're having problems with it?

From reading that thread your best bet is upgrade to a Ryzen 3600 based system and look at a GPU replacement late this/early next year if you feel you need more power.

You could possibly look at selling your current CPU/Mobo/RAM and maybe put the extra cash towards a 3700X.

Your old i3 and 8gb of RAM will likely be your biggest problem.

Here's your best bet for £300:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £314.97 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Soldato
It depends on your usage/budget but I think its a worthwhile upgrade. I recently put together a budget system with an RX580 and have been very impressed with it.

Man of Honour
It will depend a bit on the games you play and what model/stepping 780 it is. Some games Kepler falls down a lot now but other games it still holds up well and then there potentially a big performance difference between some of the early 780s and later models which could be boosting as much as 20% higher out the box.

Personally I wouldn't bother with upgrading to anything less than GTX1070 performance across the board.

Soldato
I think looking at your system spec you need to upgrade your PC first and if necessary go the 2nd hand route if you cant afford it. You could probably find the bundle in #2 even cheaper if you shop around. Dont forget you will get some money back for selling your old kit. The 3600 will give you a massive boost over the i3 alone.

Back
Top Bottom