• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 970M Missing from Device Manager

Associate
Brand new Gigabyte P35W-v4 laptop, upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, now the dedicated GTX 970M graphics is not showing up in Device Manager (not hidden, just not there).

Tried everything:

Reset Windows 10, twice
Disabled graphics acceleration in BIOS
Updated to latest BIOS
Install various NVIDIA drivers, but fail due to there being no card detected
Ran Display Driver Uninstaller

Still no show in Device Manager.

Any ideas?

Associate
OP
Have you tried uninstalling the intel graphics via device manager?

Failing that i would do a quick install of w8 or 7 to see if its working...quickest way to test it.

Yes, uninstalled all graphics, but on reboot, only the Intel HD is detected.

I'm struggling to roll back to Windows 8. Deleted the windows.old file previously, needed the space, so that route is no longer available. Can't install 8.1 from USB/DVD, as the primary disk is formatted to GPT (not MBR) and Windows 8.1 can't proceed with the install. Can't find out how to boot from the recovery partition either. The current Windows 10 install doesn't detect the partition when I try the Repair/ Reset recovery options.

Thanks for all the posts. Kinda stuck here, any other ideas, or best to RMA?

Associate
OP
Managed to install Windows 8.1 on the secondary HDD, but the GTX is still a no-show. So I need to wait for Gigabyte to issue an RMA. Pity, I really like the laptop. Or do OCUK arrange the RMA?

Back
Top Bottom