• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Caporegime
Even though my 970 is a great clocker I'm a bit gutted I didn't just go with my urge and buy the 980 when it was in the basket. Something about those reference coolers and the 980's overclock just as well by the looks of things. I'll just have to buy a 980ti if/when they come out. TITAN II will be too much for me I think but who knows.

Associate
Trying to ditch the temptation to get rid of what must be the furnace that is created by my 7950 crossfire... the power consumption/heat is just far too much.

Someone talk some sense into me and tell me not to go 2x 970's.

Quick question out there as well, apart from the gigabyte cards. Is there any other 970 cards with 3x display port?

OcUK Staff
Trying to ditch the temptation to get rid of what must be the furnace that is created by my 7950 crossfire... the power consumption/heat is just far too much.

Quick question out there as well, apart from the gigabyte cards. Is there any other 970 cards with 3x display port?

Gigabyte G1 cards have Flex technology which is impressive, upto six monitors from a single card. :eek:

Caporegime

3228c2fc4c0aa7d348c4c8bd6fd40eb4062fe10748aff1971dac7a47135875bc.jpg

:D

Associate
Really impressed with the 980, played through a few games @ 1440P maxed out BF4, Titanfall. Dead Rising 3, Crysis and it doesn't falter, Crysis 3 set to all 'high' 2 X MSAA and 16 AF and it glides. Benchmarks it's a step above my 780 Ti. This is a very very good card.

The cards that come after this are going to be ridiculous, not even at 20nm yet and the 980 has really surprised me. Performance going forward is going to be mind blowing, maybe 4K gaming really will be possible :eek:

I have been thinking the same thing after seeing what the 970/980 can do, with a die shrink and 512 bit bus it may be possible for a single card to do 4K with the maxwell generation. Not bad, was not expecting it to happen until 2016, can not wait to what the numbers are on the fat max. :)

Back
Top Bottom