• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX1080ti x 2 (not SLI) and 3 Philips BDM4350 Displays (3480x2160).

Associate
System info:
i7 - 7700K
32gb Corsair RAM
2 x GTX1080ti gaming X (Mobo doesn't support SLI).
M2 SSD (OS Win 8.1 Pro) and 250GB 870 Evo SSD (data).
Gigabyte GA-H270-Gaming 3 mobo
3 * Philips BDM4350 Displays (3480x2160).
Case: Corsair Carbide 600c Clear
PSU: Corsair HX850i

Thanks to the members (of overclockers.co.uk) who identified that my friends Mobo didn't support SLI I have a follow on question.
He is using his PC solely for playing iracing across 3 displays.
He is using DP connectors (each card has 2 available).
In order to enable nvidia surround to span so all 3 displays form one panoramic view (in game), will this be able to run the game (2 dp in one card, 1 in the other).
it displayed the desktop environment set like this (prior to finding out SLI wouldn't work), but threw a wobbly when I tried to run iracing and unigine Heaven.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my post.

Associate
from what i remember when i used surround a few years ago, you have to have all the monitors plugged into the same graphics card, that goes the same for even when running sli, you still need all of them connected to one card.

try plugging them all into the top card, obviously you'll have to use HDMI on one screen and try surround again, it should work

Associate
OP
He is just stretching the display for iracing as a temporary measure. When I connected previously, one card 2*dp 1*hdmi it lost the plot when I tried to enable surround.
He's going to order a new (when available) RTX or AMD equivalent (with 3 * dp), the 850 psu should according to Nvidia/AMD be capable. Hopefully that will make the system more stable.
*When I enabled surround, the Nvidia control panel disappeared, as did a sound driver and one for his simucube steering wheel system.

Associate
in regards to to it losing the plot when you enable surround, the 2nd graphics card is that still in the pc or removed? I'd try it with the card removed and then use DDU to remove the drivers and then reinstall anew, then try using surround again

with the 850w PSU, being a respectable unit (i have the 1200w version) I couldnt see any issues with using it at all, should be all good that one should

Back
Top Bottom