Guild Wars 2

Soldato
As anyone seen information about roughly when this game is coming out?

I have heard 'Done when its done' and saw something about Nov. I had also heard that the beta and full release wont be far a part... has the beta began?

Was thinking about getting Eye of the North while i wait for GW2, but i wouldnt bother if the release date is only a few months away.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18421985 thread for the other guilds on here

And this is the list.

Guild name: -The Immortals-
Server: Desolation
Game type: PvX (PvX = PvP+PvE)
Web site: www.mmo-guild.co.uk www.gw-mmo.co.uk
Voip: Mumble
email: [email protected]
Contacts on website:
Blounty Co Leader
Sengar* (main recruitment officer)
Dist (on ocuk as Dist) (Senior Guild Officer)
Nemeses(on ocuk as wab)
Our GW2 recruitment Video http://youtu.be/gtwBzOs7qDM
Can we please try stick to this layout then I will copy and paste all guild info to the OP
Guild name: Lords of England
Server: Whiteside Ridge
Game type: PvX
Web site: www.lordsofengland.co.uk
Voip: TeamSpeak3

Guild name: DooM
Game type: PvP
Web site: www.doom-gaming.co.uk
Voip: TS3
Contacts on website:
Leaders: Tashohnie and Luxie
Guild name: Mint
Server: Far Shiverpeaks
Web site: www.mintguild.com
Guild name: Tsunami
Server: Gandara
Game type: Focus on sPvP
Web site: http://tsunamigw2.shivtr.com/
Contacts on website:
Leaders: NovaBlue and JazzaBox
Guild name: XSGamers (Guild name to be confirmed)
Game type: PvX (PvX = PvE+PvP+RvRvR)
Web site: www.XSGamers.com
Voip: Teamspeak3
Email: [email protected]
Contacts on website:
Gaz (Admin) (Gazanimal on OcUK)
Scott (Co-Admin)
Bas (Co-Admin)
Guild name: Harmless
Server: Desolation (may change)
Game type: PVX
Web site: http://harmless.x-fal.co.uk/

Caporegime
Guild name: DooM
Game type: PvP
Web site: www.doom-gaming.co.uk
Voip: TS3
Contacts on website:
Leaders: Tashohnie and Luxie
Guild name: -The Immortals-
Game type: PvX (PvX = PvP+PvE)
Web site: www.mmo-guild.co.uk www.gw-mmo.co.uk
email: [email protected]
Contacts on website:
Blounty Co Leader
Sengar* (main recruitment officer)
Dist (on ocuk as Dist) (Senior Guild Officer)
Nemeses(on ocuk as wab)
Our GW2 recruitment Video http://youtu.be/gtwBzOs7qDM

Guild name: XSGamers (Guild name to be confirmed)
Game type: PvX (PvX = PvE+PvP+RvRvR)
Web site: www.XSGamers.com
Voip: Teamspeak3
Email: [email protected]
Contacts on website:
Gaz (Admin) (Gazanimal on OcUK)
Scott (Co-Admin)
Bas (Co-Admin)

Guild name: Harmless
Server: Desolation (may change)
Game type: PVX
Web site: http://harmless.x-fal.co.uk/

Guild name: Lords of England
Server: Whiteside Ridge
Web site: www.lordsofengland.co.uk

Guild name: Mint
Server: Far Shiverpeaks
Web site: www.mintguild.com
Guild name: Tsunami
Server: Gandara
Game type: Focus on sPvP
Web site: http://tsunamigw2.shivtr.com/
Contacts on website:
Leaders: NovaBlue and JazzaBox

Last edited:
Associate
Few years back 2011 was mentioned as a possible release year. I suspect we may still have a bit to wait though, as there's no sign of that elusive release date yet.

Soldato
2011/2012 as far as I'm aware, don't expect it any time soon. Can't wait though.
I say get eotn, boxing alone is worth the admission price!

Also it's a good way of experimenting with builds as with factions and eotn, you can level up stupidly fast.

Soldato
OP
Didnt get Factions or the other expansion. Just ordered EotN for a little under £4 from Amazon.

I remember not being able to complete the missions from Glint (i think they were from Glint - they involved going back and saving various people from really hard nastys) at the end of the original, apparently i can do these with 'champions' you get with EotN.

Soldato
If the current info and videos released are anything to go by, it will be worth the wait. Release date I'm guessing late 2011. They have put a LOT of effort into the game.

Last edited:
Associate
I just watched a couple of videos after not really looking into the game at all. I am totally blown away and I think it looks AMAZING.

The art style is fantastic.

Man of Honour

Looks interesting. I never really got into guild wars 1 , the heavy instancing destroyed it for me, this looks a little more to my taste. I like that they have copied the public quest system from warhammer online, as I felt that worked well. I also think that having everyone able to res is interesting. I did find it amusing though that he said early on that he wants everyone to feel like a hero and not have to do menial boring stuff and then 5 minutes later is talking about "quests" where you could help feed a farmers cows and water their crops, that seemed somewhat contradictory to his previous statement.

Interesting title though, throw in open world non-consensual pvp and my interest will perk up further.

Soldato
Looks interesting. I never really got into guild wars 1 , the heavy instancing destroyed it for me, this looks a little more to my taste. I like that they have copied the public quest system from warhammer online, as I felt that worked well. I also think that having everyone able to res is interesting. I did find it amusing though that he said early on that he wants everyone to feel like a hero and not have to do menial boring stuff and then 5 minutes later is talking about "quests" where you could help feed a farmers cows and water their crops, that seemed somewhat contradictory to his previous statement.

Interesting title though, throw in open world non-consensual pvp and my interest will perk up further.

If you listened carefuly he said you "dont" have to feed the farmers cows. you can simply ignore that even and do something else.

the main difference about this game is dynamic events that dont hold your hand and tell you where to go, what to do and how you have to talk to a freaking npc to activate the quest, you simple go to a specific area and it just "happens"

no more shopping list type quests that you see in WOW and just about every mmo out there.

And everyone is forgetting one important aspect of this game. ITS FREE TO PLAY MONTHLY.

Now if they really keep there word on that and everything in that video is polished and included in the game then imo people who play wow will flock to this.

you simply cant beat something thats free and good unless you make wow free. will that ever happen. will blizzard bow down to that? will other mmo's bow down to that?

i know lotr does it but it doesnt offer much appealing to wow players. this however looks like they could offer things wow does not do and for free.

Man of Honour
If you listened carefuly he said you "dont" have to feed the farmers cows. you can simply ignore that even and do something else.

the main difference about this game is dynamic events that dont hold your hand and tell you where to go, what to do and how you have to talk to a freaking npc to activate the quest, you simple go to a specific area and it just "happens"

no more shopping list type quests that you see in WOW and just about every mmo out there.

And everyone is forgetting one important aspect of this game. ITS FREE TO PLAY MONTHLY.

Now if they really keep there word on that and everything in that video is polished and included in the game then imo people who play wow will flock to this.

you simply cant beat something thats free and good unless you make wow free. will that ever happen. will blizzard bow down to that? will other mmo's bow down to that?

i know lotr does it but it doesnt offer much appealing to wow players. this however looks like they could offer things wow does not do and for free.

You don't "have" to do them, but if your aim was to ensure that the player feels heroic and doesn't do menial things then you wouldn't actually design such things as it goes against your aim, thus I must conclude that the aim wasn't to do that. For instance if my aim is to buy a 2 litre saloon car of some make, I don't then consider a hatchback Ford focus as it doesn't fit within my aims template.

Don't get me wrong, as I say it looks an interesting game, just because I make one negative observation it doesn't mean I am slating the game, no game is perfect and every game will have something in it that's "bad".

I'm just after some pvp info now, hoping for open world non-consensual pvp, then I would be very interested.

Associate
Really looking forward to this one. GW1 had some of the best PvP I've had in an mmo (even though it's not fully mmo) and this sounds like it's learned a lot. PvE sounds interesting, especially with the positive approach to mass questing/PvE'ing, also new world PvP.

As far as I've seen there's no mention of even closed beta yet (apart from dev testing obviously) and they're still releasing classes, so don't expect it until atleast the last quater to save dissapointment.

Back
Top Bottom