Guild Wars 2

Soldato
not sure why it gets a lot of hate, i paid like £23 and played it for almost a year, amazing value.
it sucks that's why, they took everything great about the first and threw it in the trash and all that was left was a wow clone, especially given that their world events system is massively flawed when the population in your area is like zero.

Its honestly nowhere near as good as the first. which i played religiously for years and is still to this day is the only MMO (or whatever) I had multiple characters with and really got into it finding the fastest ways to level etc (expansions help that)

for me GW2 was probably one of the biggest disappointments in gaming. They promised so much , but forgot to add any soul to the game in the process.

Soldato

See I didnt like the 1st one, thought it was pretty **** but played GW2 a lot, each to their own eh.

Had a 3/4 month break but getting an urge to play again, and will fire it up once I've completed Deus Ex and Borderlands 2 :) Can anyone give a quick breakdown on whats been added in the past few months?

Permabanned
Guild Wars 2 is lacking, you can tell by the player base, sometimes I go on and even though I'm on a high pop server there's hardly anyone around.

The grind is too much for people who can't play 8 hours a day, they've aimed it at the addicts who play constantly. Just to get the 6 ascended accessories will take you months of playing at least around 2 hours a day.

Associate
Sorry to crash this party guys/gals but i need to ask a question and couldnt find the relevant forum

im going to be installing the orig guild wars as i havnt played in a v v long time and im going to get my characters to max level etc
my questions are :
1 - can you take your characters from gw1 to gw 2?
2 - i have a new pc since getting orig game, does anyone know if it works on Win 8 or are there known issues (have looked around and cannot see anything but thought i would better ask)

cheers, again sorry to crash the party

Soldato
So I've starte to play this on-and-off again but I noticed that despite playing on a 4770K @ 4.2GHz and a 7950 (admittedly at stock) I'm getting framerates of about 30fps. Surely that can't be right?

It starts off at around 60, then slowly drops to about 30. Earlier the game froze, the screen went black and after a few long second the game came back and was running at 60fps, for a few seconds before starting to decrease. Lowering settings doesn't make a difference and it seems neither does what I look at.

Anyone got any idea?

Soldato
What settings do you have on? If you max everything it will be low. Just try reducing and few things and turning on or off some of the settings until you find a good compromise.

I play at 1920x1200 on a 7950 and I find it playable unless there are a daft number of people on the screen.

Soldato
So I've starte to play this on-and-off again but I noticed that despite playing on a 4770K @ 4.2GHz and a 7950 (admittedly at stock) I'm getting framerates of about 30fps. Surely that can't be right?

It starts off at around 60, then slowly drops to about 30. Earlier the game froze, the screen went black and after a few long second the game came back and was running at 60fps, for a few seconds before starting to decrease. Lowering settings doesn't make a difference and it seems neither does what I look at.

Anyone got any idea?

Possibly overheating...get some software to monitor your graphics card and cpu.

Associate
I guested on Fissue of Woe with an organised group fighting Tequatil and we won with a minute to spare - and that was was with a very organised group!

It's really challenging fight now - as it should be with a world boss imo. Lots of moaners on the official forums demanding a nerf. It's actually fun to be on TS listening to everyone trying to beat the beast using tactics as opposed to auto attacking his toenails for 10 minutes.

Associate
Challenge is great, and something lacking in GW2 boss. They first just went with point blank AoE damage which tbh just ***** on everyone in melee. Then with fractals they went the better route like WoW and introduced tactics to defeat foes.
The new world bosses shouldn't be a push over. There was a time where Maw was going down in about 10 seconds! I'm yet to really try Teq. I joined to see what everyone was moaning about and yes, it's hard. I'm kinda worried though if it requires voice comms to really defeat him though. Maybe this is just whilst its new and nobody is fully clear on what they need to be doing.

Associate
I also found this to be a huge let down. I've only ever been captivated by Runescape (when i was young) and WoW as far as MMOs go. I've played most of the 'big' MMOs since WoW came out and every one of them has just lacked that special thing that made WoW so addictive. But I don't know what it is!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom