Guild Wars 2

Associate
I'm still playing a lot. GW1 was one of my favourite games of all time and I played it for around 5 years.

I'm still really enjoying GW2, although I find it harder to play in some ways. Three legendaries on my Mesmer now and fully ascended gear. Quip (legendary pistol) is next up I think. Having a very active guild (primarily WvW) helps, as well as a server with a healthy population to take part in other PvE activities required to complete certain tasks/events and so on.

Associate
I'm pretty active in GW2 too and I loved GW1.

But I'm now finding GW2 a bit hard going. Levelling chars is great, but the end game seems a bit sparse.

End Game in GW1 was great - as you could do extreme areas. But I've never been drawn into that with GW2.

There's also an issue with game performance, where fps drops dramatically when there lots of players around. This is a common problem in MMO's but it's been a real issue in GW2 since a few patches ago - even people with mega i7 systems seem to be suffering. The devs say they are onto it...

I'm not in a guild at the mo but I've just sent out a call to see if I can join one (as a lvl 80 engi). I'm hoping being in a guild will reinvigorate the game for me, but I'm not sure.

Even if I get to some great places, will the game performance problems nerf my enjoyment of it?

I'm still enjoying GW2 though, despite all that.

Associate
Hey!

Picked this up over xmas and have started two characters - a warrior and a ranger. What servers are most people on, and does your race affect who you can play with (come from a WoW background - is there a Horde vs Alliance kinda thing?).

Currently only lvl 3's as I've been pretty glued to Rust the last few days, but getting more into it now!

Associate
Hi, welcome to GW2! I'm on Gunnah's Hold.

There is no sides like in WoW and every race can be every class, there is no restriction.

Lucky i managed to get the girlfriend to play this late last year, we're both now level 80 and working on 100% world completition.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
x0v8sn.jpg

Thump, Thump. Time to jump.

Wipe all resistance from your mind

There’s a secret deep below to find

If you’d only seen the things I’ve seen

You’d wake up screaming from The Dream

This next part will sting, but it brings me joy

Sometimes to change you must destroy

A fire is rising you cannot contain

Tyria will burn, while I remain.

Coming to the end of the Scarlet Briar story arc now, and fingers crossed it looks like she's bringing Primordus with her :D

qoztpz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom