Guinness Foreign Extra......let down!

Soldato
OP
This and carling and stella are in a league of their own they are great beers that I could drink all day and I hope that if you are still reading this that you haven't rage replied and know that I was completely joking about stella and carling :p

i really do hope that is a joke...
If so that is one sick joke! :p

Braichycymmer be its name, try saying that when your drunk :D
Anyway its apperently classed as a hotel?

Maybe we should have ocuk offical Drinks review thread for non standred largers, bitters and ales + ciders?

haha, im not even going to try saying it sober!

Yeah we should, there is quite a detailed Whiskey review thread.

I like Tyskie stronge in % a few of them and you are rocking.

What % is that then? :p

Soldato
This and carling and stella are in a league of their own they are great beers that I could drink all day and I hope that if you are still reading this that you haven't rage replied and know that I was completely joking about stella and carling :p

Was thinking wtf when i read the first line, when ever i have tired or been forced to drink thet crap i have a strong after taste of metal.
Maybe its just the kind of places that only serve that kind of crap dont regularly clean their equipment but ill drink anything (inculding bitter) than drink that stuff.

The only way you could make that comment more untrue is by saying strongbow is a top quality cider....

Soldato
OP
5.6 but its got a kick to it, people say Stella is strong but this blows it out the water.

You want to try some good Belgian beers, i LOVE Duvel. Considering it's 8.5% it has such a light golden colour to it and the texture and taste of it is pure pleasure, it's so light you wouldn't believe it was as strong as it is.
Oh and if you ever drink it make sure it's in a Duvel glass!!! Otherwise you'll have pure foam!
Duvel.jpg

Soldato
5.6 but its got a kick to it, people say Stella is strong but this blows it out the water.

SuBsTaNcE you ever been to the Royal Oak or the Anvil in Wigan, best pubs in Wigan, get all the decent lager and ale you cant think of.

Been to the anvil a few times, Just outside the bus station isn't it?

I frequent the tudor and boulevard, they both serve real ales and vary them monthly

Soldato
Anyone been to "the lion" on the yorkshire moors? had a local beer up their and havent been able to find a retable version or rember the brewary...

Ok maybe we should have a OCUK, Pub Rating thread and a OCUK NoN- whishky alchoal Drink thread?

Soldato
OP
SuBsTaNcE you ever been to the Royal Oak or the Anvil in Wigan, best pubs in Wigan, get all the decent lager and ale you cant think of.

Didn't notice this edit!
3 people in the same thread from wigan (Look where i'm from ;) ) Who would have thought!

I frequent the tudor and boulevard, they both serve real ales and vary them monthly

Are the pubs you two mention in central Wigan? I have never been to a decent pub in Wigan.

Ok maybe we should have a OCUK, Pub Rating thread and a OCUK NoN- whishky alchoal Drink thread?
+1
Ever heard of CAMRA (Campain for Real Ale)? http://www.camra.org.uk/
There is a pub just down the road from me and they always have the monthly magazine out to take home, they list all the great pubs in there. There is one i want to go to in southport which is highly recommended by CAMRA, i can't remember the name at the moment though :(

and just out of curiosity where abouts do you two live?
I live in Parbold.

Last edited:
Permabanned
You want to try some good Belgian beers, i LOVE Duvel. Considering it's 8.5% it has such a light golden colour to it and the texture and taste of it is pure pleasure, it's so light you wouldn't believe it was as strong as it is.
Oh and if you ever drink it make sure it's in a Duvel glass!!! Otherwise you'll have pure foam!
Duvel.jpg

Not keen on them but might try Duvel if its like a lager, had Leffe Brune, won a bottle at work and a glass but it hated the taste.

Been to the anvil a few times, Just outside the bus station isn't it?

You aint a goth are you, those places are dives, get down King Street ;) Yeah its near Bus station, Royal Oak is near to Maximes that road going up hill towards blockbusters its called Wigan Lane and great for a pub crawl, you get your dive pubs and your nice ones.

Permabanned
Didn't notice this edit!
3 people in the same thread from wigan (Look where i'm from ;) ) Who would have thought!

Are the pubs you two mention in central Wigan? I have never been to a decent pub in Wigan.

+1
There is a pub just down the road from me and they always have the monthly magazine out to take home, they list all the great pubs in there. There is one i want to go to in southport which is highly recommended by CAMRA, i can't remember the name at the moment though :(

and just out of curiosity where abouts do you two live?
I live in Parbold.

I know substance is from Wigan but until you pointed it would never of checked where you was from. I live just over the hill of Parbold.

The Crown is near me and it got best pub in north west by CAMRA but been to it a few times for a meal and the landlord was useless and rude, had a power cut twice while we had a meal.

Anvil is one probably the best pub in Wigan town centre.

http://www.allgatesinns.co.uk/the_anvil.html

Soldato
+1

Gah no decent camra pubs near me, typical tbh

what i find kinda disturbing is they have a sat nav. programe so you can pub crawl in your car..

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I know substance is from Wigan but until you pointed it would never of checked where you was from. I live just over the hill of Parbold.

The Crown is near me and it got best pub in north west by CAMRA but been to it a few times for a meal and the landlord was useless and rude, had a power cut twice while we had a meal.

Anvil is one probably the best pub in Wigan town centre.

http://www.allgatesinns.co.uk/the_anvil.html

So do you live in Appley Bridge then?
I will definitely have a to pay a visit to The Anvil then. I might be in Wigan tomorrow so i will pop in then.

I'm about to start a pub and beer thread, what about this title..
"The One and Only Pub and Beer Thread!"
I would include things like cider and what not but think that beer and cider are so different in taste that they should be kept to different threads.

Soldato
Didn't notice this edit!

I didn't actually check your location, I guess us wiganers like our beer :p

You aint a goth are you, those places are dives, get down King Street ;) Yeah its near Bus station, Royal Oak is near to Maximes that road going up hill towards blockbusters its called Wigan Lane and great for a pub crawl, you get your dive pubs and your nice ones.

I aint no goth, but aint no chav therefore I avoid king street like the plague, although the godfather do good cheap pizza after a night out (or at least they used to)

We should all get together for a pint or two, My good friend utajoker on these forums lives in abram too

Last edited:
Soldato
It is indeed, and is marketed on the basis of being an aphrodisiac. It is horrible though - some 7 or 8%, not creamy and bitter without a taste to match.

So they failed to mention the old phrase.
Drink, sir, is a great provoker of three things . . . nose-painting, sleep, and urine. Lechery, sir, it provokes, and unprovokes; it provokes the desire, but it takes away the performance.
William Shakespeare

Soldato
OP
I didn't actually check your location, I guess us wiganers like our beer :p

I aint no goth, but aint no chav therefore I avoid king street like the plague, although the godfather do good cheap pizza after a night out (or at least they used to)

We should all get together for a pint or two, My good friend utajoker on these forums lives in abram too

Hell yeah! There are many a good pub around these parts :D

Ooo, what's the pizza called?? I'm out in Wigan tomorrow night! :p

Aye, that would be good.

Btw, SuBsTaNcE and Cheats64, how old are you two?
*edit* Nevermind, i just looked on your profiles

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom