Gunnar Optiks - Gimmick or Game changer?

Associate
Hi,

These are not like anti-glare filters that you get on glasses. Glasses that protect against blue light are different to the anti-glare glass. However, you can add blue light protection to your prescription as well as the anti-glare.
I got some anti blue light glasses on the internet for £20. They are on groupon this week for about £5. They are good if you get headaches from screens, most games give me a headache if I play on them for too long.

Associate
I have been wearing the Gunnars for about three weeks and they have reduced eye tiredness and dryness. Also the yellow tint to reduce the high intensity blue light becomes un-noticeable after 30 seconds and helps see things due to the constraint.

Last edited:
Associate
I am finding the Gunnars difficult to clean as they are not glass.

if there like my duco's, the yellow tint shows grease and stuff very easily. i use eco-fused microfibre cloths and they work well. every once in a while they do need a wet clean (filtered water or zeiss or something lens cleaner), but that really doesnt take to long todo, just a minute or two.

Soldato
Tried snake oil?

:D

brilliant!! :D:D Because after owning a pair for while now I can honestly say that this is all just snake oil. The blue filter on your monitor does the same thing. And if it's a case that you find it easier to read stuff on the monitor using these then you actually need glasses as they come with a slight prescription. The 20-20-20 rule works better and saves you a ton of money. (every 20 minutes spend 20 seconds looking at something 20 foot away)

Soldato
Have been using these glasses a lot over the last few weeks and they have really helped with eye strain I get after hours in front of a PC each day...

Sadly they did nothing to resolve the head aches I get from reading the utter none sense often typed on these forums.... Oh well cant have it all ways!!!

Great product though!!!
Have you been re-reading your own posts again?

Sgarrista
Commissario
Having borrowed a set from a mate who raves about them, I can confirm that it made absolutely zero difference to me.

Having said that I am a habitual 20/20/20er and my screen is set up to the right height and distance and calibrated as I can often spend stints of 24 hours or more due to my job.

I guess these just fill in the shortfall of incorrectly setup monitors.

Back
Top Bottom