Gutted!!

Soldato
He has tried a eclipse, it came trashed. :p

Yeh the original stacker, don't go for the 830 as Noni has said. :)

3rd time lucky on the postage?

Catch me on MSN Flanno. :)

Associate
I did a few days "temping" for a well known national courier when I was a student. In the middle of this huge warehouse there was a big central concrete platform which the trucks reversed up to. Parcels were unloaded out of some of the trucks and then literally thrown into other trucks.

I can't recall if these parcels included fragile or handle with care items but they were certainly not treated with the respect you would hope for. Bit of an eye opener to be honest... :eek:

Soldato
OP
Aaarrghh...why didn't I listen to the advise on this forum.

I got my 830 today and no damage which is great. But I hate it.....lots of plastic bits on it, and getting the side panel back is really really difficult...so much so you end up scratching the inside edge of the case :mad: A mate I know wants it, so that is fine. For now I am going to stick with my PC-7 (or more correctly PC-7 SE Plus). This is the one with the scratched side panel, and the company I bought it from have done the decent thing and am going to send me out a new side panel, unlike Overrclockers who expect me to send back a completely damaged Akasa Eclipse and only cover 10 quid postage according to their RMA terms. Will be getting a refund on the credit card for this one for sure.

Soldato
Unlucky to hear it is a bad un. :(

Really makes it obvious that most of the case reviewers who give it 10/10 or around that would not know a good case if it hit them, or in the case of a Chieftec fell on them.

Soldato
OP
Well I didn't like the looks but the scratching everytime I closed and opened it took the biscuit. I made my money back on it, so I aint a muppet :)

As for the tj07.....knowing my luck it would arrive dented. As I said I will stick with the PC7 until the sidepanel comes along, unless I can pick up an Aurora on the cheap.

Caporegime
Flanno said:
Aaarrghh...why didn't I listen to the advise on this forum.

I got my 830 today and no damage which is great. But I hate it.....lots of plastic bits on it, and getting the side panel back is really really difficult...so much so you end up scratching the inside edge of the case :mad: A mate I know wants it, so that is fine. For now I am going to stick with my PC-7 (or more correctly PC-7 SE Plus). This is the one with the scratched side panel, and the company I bought it from have done the decent thing and am going to send me out a new side panel, unlike Overrclockers who expect me to send back a completely damaged Akasa Eclipse and only cover 10 quid postage according to their RMA terms. Will be getting a refund on the credit card for this one for sure.
It's DOA, they have to pay for the shipping. Use the magic words of contacting your card company for a chargeback and they'll send someone to collect it.

Soldato
OP
Actually once I spoke to one of the lads in Tech Support they were really nice about it and said they would refund the shipping.

Soldato
OP
We will see. They will get the case tommorrow and hopefully I will get the full 65 euro shipping costs back. Depends on who you talk to there. I actually bought another Eclipse and should have gone for that in the first place. Don't mind the looks. The Eclipse is simply awesome to work on.

Anyone with the sidepanel with the included black Akasa 120mm fan ? Is it worth keeping it or replacing with an Amber ?

Soldato
OP
Great...I happen to have 3 ambers handy. Was going to use Nexus fans as they are quieter but I think I will go for ambers in front back and side, all hooked into the Akasa Pro fan controller. Now if I could only decide between the Arctic Freezer 7 Pro and Zalman 9500 for colling my overclocked 3.73EE :)

Associate
Yewen said:
If it happens again, buy a Cheiftec Scorpio / Dragon, now if that gets wrecked you can feel safe that it killed a few forklifts and people toes while dying. Tank, utter tank.
Parcelforce/FedEX managed to trash mine between them. I have no idea what they did with it. Maybe it tipped the forklift or something :rolleyes: Postage to Ireland in general is a mess.

Soldato
OP
You don't rate the Zalman at all ? Was hoping it was a good cooler as I could rig it to my Akasa fan controller and dial it way down in windows. The Freezer 7 is a tad noisy. Not quiet like the AMD version.

Soldato
OP
Heheh...I went cheap and hooked my Arctic Freezer 7 Pro into the Akasa fan controller. Works a treat. I can keep my cpu fan spinning at around 2200 rpm, much quieter then the default 2.5-2.6k rpm and still cools ok. Only problem is I have nothing plugged into the cpu fan header, but then again I can monitor the rpms just fine on the fan controller..it seems to work correctly, and I have the thermal probe attached to the side of the heat spreader and it appears to be giving realistic temps...33/34 idle (or more like 40 now the weather is so hot overhere).

Would have gone for the Typhoon but too much hassle on 775 I heard, though I could be wrong. Thanks for the advice. Something to think about for the future.

Back
Top Bottom