guy on ebay claiming mobo I sent has broken pins

Soldato
eBay is terrible and unless you're willing to lose money not worth selling on their, different story if you sell in person with cash though. Honestly think you're screwed sorry :(

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Just tell him to post it back to you and if upon inspections the serial numbers match up you will issue a full refund. Then you claim of your postage insurance as the item was damaged in transit (unless you didn't pack it properly then.....).

Associate
@db2431

Have you notice few big differences at those pics.

Your picture is left side. No bent pins at marked area. Cpu hold frame, metal lock is closed what hold cpu. Metal cpu hold socket or frame should open right side of the picture towards up when install cpu.

Buyer right side picture. Bent pins. Whole cpu holding metal frame is missing, also all screws of that frame is missing what hold cpu down the socket.

Something is not right there.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't waste your time, I sold a new phone, the guy said it didn't receive a signal, ebay sided with me and told him no return, he went to PayPal and they let him grab the money and return his broken phone while he kept mine, sad times, lots of scammers on ebay

Soldato
To balance things out I have sold 100s of items upto the value of a few 100 on ebay never had an issue, I have purchased 1000s of items no major issues I remember

Associate
Can anyone PM me preferred place to sell?

Looking to shift some stuff after some upgrades..
I sold about £700 of bike parts on ebay recently, all went smoothly. But did package well and send recorded, special or UPS, so had no issues.

Personally, even buying electronic parts is sketchy. Bought a PSP some years ago off ebay, guy sent a different one than pictured which the screen looked like it had been dragged along the flaw. Turned out he had 2 for sale (business seller), and got them mixed up. Guy was literally begging me to be okay with £5 refund £50 purchase due his mistake. I played the bigger man sadly, what a *"£&'

Hope it works out for you. I suppose you could try for a damage by post claim?

Soldato
My son had an issue on members market here. He lost the £25 he paid as all overclockers could do is ban the person for not refunding. So no place is safe not even members market.

Soldato
Can anyone PM me preferred place to sell?

Looking to shift some stuff after some upgrades..

Not sure if you're eligible for Members Market access yet, but that's more of an ideal place but does have its caveats:
- Most buyers drive a hard bargain (some very cheekily)
- It's not completely safe as poster above mentions, the OCUK mod team have no powers of refunding/blocking the transaction, they can only ban accounts etc.

Ultimately it's very much used with an honesty based policy.

As you'll have zero trust, if you're trying to sell expensive hardware, you'll likely find members will insist you post the item before they transfer the funds.

Soldato
Not sure if you're eligible for Members Market access yet, but that's more of an ideal place but does have its caveats:
- It's not completely safe as poster above mentions, the OCUK mod team have no powers of refunding/blocking the transaction, they can only ban accounts etc.

As you'll have zero trust, if you're trying to sell expensive hardware, you'll likely find members will insist you post the item before they transfer the funds.
Not qualified for members market
Yet either so don't know
How it works in there
But doesn't using PayPal option
Pay for an item or service
Give you cover

Soldato
Don't waste your time, I sold a new phone, the guy said it didn't receive a signal, ebay sided with me and told him no return, he went to PayPal and they let him grab the money and return his broken phone while he kept mine, sad times, lots of scammers on ebay

Very easy problem to rectify yourself, add the IMEI to the blacklist, the phone is nothing more than a paper weight then, if you dont have the IMEI, contact the place where you brought the phone from, they should be able to give it to you, then you can give the buyer the choice, money or phone back, if you get the phone back, you can remove it off the blacklist.

Associate

Thanks.

Had wondered what MM was! So it's a forum for sale section, nice. Previous forums i've used have been good, mostly(!)

Paypal can offer cover yes, Mcnumpty. You just need to be within the guidelines, whatever they are. Been a long time since i've used Paypal outside of ebay.

Soldato
Thanks.

Had wondered what MM was! So it's a forum for sale section, nice. Previous forums i've used have been good, mostly(!)

Paypal can offer cover yes, Mcnumpty. You just need to be within the guidelines, whatever they are. Been a long time since i've used Paypal outside of ebay.
Believe as long as you don't use
The send family/friends
PayPal option or whatever its
Exactly named
No matter what excuses you
Get given only the pay
For an item or service should
Be used

Soldato
OP can not prove to Ebay that the Mobo he sent the Buyer is the same Mobo thats in the Pictures, OP could have sent him box full magazines as far as Ebay are concerned, which is why sellers have 0 rights and dont have have a leg to stand on if the buyer is a **** and says its broken, thats then end of it

Associate
Yeah, but don't under appreciate the stupidity of some people. Only mention as people have said you're SOL. Could suggest they pay postage back and you'll refund everything. Deleting your paypal account is another option if you don't intend on using it at your current address ever again- not ideal.

Back
Top Bottom