H115i CPU block colours

Associate
Hi,

Having a strange one. When I set colours in iCUE, it displays differently on the CPU block. The most obvious display, is when I set it to white, the fans are pure white, but the block is like off white/yellow. Sometimes it will set the correct colour but change during a session. I currently have it Purple/Cyan combo, sometimes it will switch to pink/green.

Anyone experienced this before?

Ill try and get a picture/video

Associate
OP
I will say, the fans are linked so, the fans replicate what the cpu is set to. They display the correct colours, even when the CPU block changes colour.

This can happen from boot, or sometimes in the middle of a session. I thought I may have cabled it wrong but it displays the correct colours so it cant be that

Associate
I run the same unit and have never seen it do what you're describing, the block matches the fans perfectly no matter the setting, i think I've had it for over a year now so I'd hazard you've either got a bugged install of iCue (remove and reinstall latest version, make sure you do the updates on the block) or a duff block...

Associate
Have an old H100i, and the LED controller inside the block was busted (randomly, started up out of the blue). Sometimes it will show all three colours to make any colour. But then it sometimes conks out and leaves out Red. Sometimes leaves our Blue. Gave up trying to get it fixed as it was so old. But it sounds like something that you might be experiencing.

Associate
I had the same issue and basically the white LED's are not working correctly, you'll notice certain shades of other colours which are affected by the white, not being white.

I had to RMA my unit, but used the Advanced RMA which meant I had to `pay` for the new unit upfront, then get a refund once the old one was returned.

Associate
I had the same issue and basically the white LED's are not working correctly, you'll notice certain shades of other colours which are affected by the white, not being white.

I had to RMA my unit, but used the Advanced RMA which meant I had to `pay` for the new unit upfront, then get a refund once the old one was returned.

Sorry to necro, up until recently mine had been working fine, but now I've noticed that unless you set to pure R/G/B colours the head colour no longer matches the fans, how long did your RMA take and was it with Corsair directly??

Associate
Sorry to necro, up until recently mine had been working fine, but now I've noticed that unless you set to pure R/G/B colours the head colour no longer matches the fans, how long did your RMA take and was it with Corsair directly??

Sorry for not seeing this Dave, but it took a few weeks even having paid for the Advanced RMA as it had to come from Hong Kong iirc.
It was direct with Corsair. I had to send the old unit back to a UK address via a pre-paid DHL service which was nice.

I got a bit worried with the replacement unit as I the white colours started to "yellow" a little, but there was a Firmware update available to I did that and it's been bright white since.

Associate
Sorry for not seeing this Dave, but it took a few weeks even having paid for the Advanced RMA as it had to come from Hong Kong iirc.
It was direct with Corsair. I had to send the old unit back to a UK address via a pre-paid DHL service which was nice.

I got a bit worried with the replacement unit as I the white colours started to "yellow" a little, but there was a Firmware update available to I did that and it's been bright white since.

No worries, oddly, I've literally just had en email from Corsair asking me to record a video and do some other stuff so I'm on that now, I only noticed as I upgraded cases recently and just could not get the block to show a white colour.

Associate
update: not sure if CV19 has delayed it, but finally gotten some back and forth from Corsair, advanced replacement on it's way to me from the US! Will have a nightmare sending this one back though as they use DHL pickups, my nearest one is roughly 20 miles away...

Associate
Bit of a necro, but the replacement has gone the same way as the first, with the block now being more a sepia yellow than white. Contacted Corsair who've escalated to their tech support, not a happy bunny :(

Back
Top Bottom