1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haircut: Barbers or Salon? (Metro warning)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LeperousDust, 13 May 2006.

1. LeperousDust

Soldato

Is it worth paying more to get my hair cut at a special salon?
    I currently go to my local barbers, which is £7 a go, sometimes the cut isn't bad other times it just grows out uncontrollably mad. Is it worth paying the extra (how much extra?) to get my hair cut and "styled" at one of these places apart from paying to see those lovely women while i'm having my hair cut.

I suppose i need a bit of inspiration with my hair too, i'm getting bored of it and want something different but not sure what, i don't think my barber would react well to "give me something that suits me" :p. I might get a bowl cut or something :eek:

Before everyone says "shave it off tbh" i will but not before my time. Whilst i have hair i will use it!

2. chris_r

Mobster

Get the clippers out and a chair and your done, just remember to brush it up. DIY job, £0

3. Greenlizard0

Man of Honour

balls no, local barbers, £7-10max.

Unless you're getting colours or highlights then get it down at a salon where they generally know what they're doing etc.

4. Stellios

Capodecina

Barbers, £5.50, 7 on the top and 2 on the back and sides, job done.

5. fozzybear

Sgarrista

They'd have to be at least topless for me to pay over £20 to get my hair cut by one of them! :p

In fact, i'm sure i read or heard about a topless barbers (or was it car wash? :confused: ) the other day. :eek:

6. LeperousDust

Soldato

Well thats the point, how much do lads pay in one of these places? I'd try it once for £20-30 just to see if there is any difference and if its worth it.

I've already covered the clippers reply so i'm just ignoring it :p. It's before my time.

7. Stellios

Capodecina

Was a carwash.

8. BeatMaster

Mobster

Hair Cuttery is only about £5 more and you get a decent cut. There's quite a few around so worth a shout. It's £14 but you can 10% student discount bringing it to £12.60 which isn't too bad considering it's at a salon :)

BeatMaster :D

9. wolvotim

Hitman

I pay 29quid to get the job done properly, normal barbers haven’t got a clue

10. jcb33

Mobster

hehe..... i go to a place called The Gaff, its full of woman hair cutters, and its men only.... £6.50 and there is one lady that cuts my hair very nice ;)

I wouldent bother paying more... will still grow back in the same time.... just become more expensive to get it cut again and again

11. JoeBoi

Mobster

Salon mate, Barbers is for Senior Citizens and people with no style..

12. Alchemy

Wise Guy

How long would a 7 be? is it a couple of inches?

I just got my hair cut in a barber a few days ago and it cost me £12.50. It took him a while to cut it as my hair was was down to my chest. I had 3 on the back and sides and asked for 2 inches to be left on the top so I could style it. :)

Last edited: 13 May 2006
  13. Johnny Girth

Wise Guy

Toni & Guy haircut I had was £25 and was pretty average.

Local barber is £7.50 and does a fantastic job! Much better!

14. axe

Banned

i go to barbers always been good to my hair

15. LeperousDust

Soldato

Pretty varied responses as i thought. I think i'll try it out see how it goes i dont mind a one off £25 for a good cut with some style to it.

Last edited: 13 May 2006
  16. Rednut05

Banned

Toni and Guy charge like £30 so barbers is cheap by a long shot.

17. jamoor

Sgarrista

pah, grade 2 all the way!

18. Rednut05

Banned

Join the army and get it done for free.

19. wolvotim

Hitman

Seems a little extreme for free hair cuts:D

20. steviec

Wise Guy

I go to my local Barbers were a very very nice lady cuts my hair at £6 a go and I get a nice hot mug of Coffee :)

Used to go into town to ones of these flash Salons, which an old mate owns, lots of eye candy, hair wash & head massage with all the expensive stuff, italian coffee or even a beer for the blokes & wine or fruit based drink for the Ladies and all for £20 :eek: and that was my discounted price, you'd be in there a good hour though.