Half Leather of full Leather seats?

Guv

Guv

Soldato
Half Leather or full Leather seats?

I can't decide whether I prefer half leather or full leather seats and I was wondering what other people prefer?

I don't like full cloth seats.

Last edited:

Guv

Guv

Soldato
OP
This is the problem I'm having, I prefer the look of full leather but really don't like it in the summer. I don't dislike half leather but sometimes wish I had full leather...

Soldato
Leather and cloth ages pretty badly. Leather and Alcantara seems to age very well (Alcantara is very hard wearing). I have leather Sport seats and they hold pretty well - no sliding at all!

Soldato
NickXX said:
Leather and cloth ages pretty badly. Leather and Alcantara seems to age very well (Alcantara is very hard wearing). I have leather Sport seats and they hold pretty well - no sliding at all!

Agreed... alcantra is hard wearing, but it stains..

Last 3 cars I have had were:-

Full leather, slippy slidey x2 (fore aft, not left right)

Half Leather Half Cloth, Good and Easy to clean, very suportive and great in summer

Wifes car is Leather Alcantra, and its great if you keep it clean... it does pick up stains faster than cloth tho..

:D

Soldato
Ok, i have never really sat in a full leather car!

Are the stories true, that they are too hot in the summber and too cold in the winter?

Surely if that were true, they would have stopped doing them for cars, if they were "that" bad?

Soldato
andybtsn said:
Seconded. Having owned a Pug 205 in the summer, was quite a horrible experience

Not being rude, but thats quite an old car, surely a new or newish car would have better "technologies" to house leather seats? Or better seals and water/damp proofing?

Soldato
S@njay said:
Are the stories true, that they are too hot in the summber and too cold in the winter?

No they are not, every car that has leather will have AC! Its only a problem if you sit in the car in the summer with the top up, the AC off and no shirt on.

Winter is fine, and I would know its -15 here day to day. Its even nicer if you have heated seats. My golf has cloth seats and I hate them. They get dirty very fast and are not that easy to clean.

Back
Top Bottom