Half Leather of full Leather seats?

Soldato
Don't think there are hard and fast rules here. Though I do like Half Leather, ideally with an Alcantara insert. (but it's expensive stuff) Have full leather in the Celica, and don't have slip slide issues, as the seat gives good support off the bolsters. It does look good in two tone leather as well. Plus the smell of the tanning is nice when you first open the door.
Wear is more a function of the material spec and grade chosen by the manufacture. Leather will go "baggy" and loose in time on the cushion insert.
Don't assume what looks like Leather really is, most of it on main stream cars will be Vinyl !! so.... :rolleyes:...... LOL
Leather might in some cars be a bit more comfortable and padded.

What car are we talking about ???

Soldato
In a big meaty saloon which is 30 yards long it has to be full leather. Real leather is the business I still love the cracked knackered stuff in the 37' Morris 8 we have. :)

Half leather is just wierd and I would rather have normal seats.

Associate
S@njay said:
Are the stories true, that they are too hot in the summber and too cold in the winter?

As mentioned above Air Conditioning cools you down in the summer, and my leather seats are heated for the winter. :)

The front seats have quite high sides too so no sliding around :)

Soldato
If given the choice I'd go for Alcantara with hints of leather.

FOS_1173.jpg

or Some Reverie Carbon Fibre ones.

seat_1+.jpg

Adz

Adz

Soldato
William said:
In a big meaty saloon which is 30 yards long it has to be full leather. Real leather is the business I still love the cracked knackered stuff in the 37' Morris 8 we have. :)

Half leather is just wierd and I would rather have normal seats.

Agreed. Luxury saloons - all leather, heated of course to overcome the cold in winter issue. Sporty cars, Alcantara :D.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Full leather looks best and ages best. Half leather, as with cloth seats, can look quite nasty.
Don't agree at all. I find half-leather can look just as good as full leather, it's just a different look that some may or may not prefer.

Personally I don't like full leather seats as, unless they're very good sports ones with hefty side bolstering, you just slide around in them too much.

Personally I don't see anything wrong or "nasty" about my half-leather ones. Note that they're actually much blacker than the photos make them appear.

a3-5.jpg

a3-7.jpg

Soldato
Nickg said:
but its like...

whats the point in rounding stuff off with leather, if your not going to be sitting on it? its like its just put there for the sake of it to make the material seem less cheap?

You get the smell, and the feel without all the negatives of sitting on it.

Audi's sports seats rock :cool:

Back
Top Bottom