Half Life2 Ultra Hi Res Textures Mod

Soldato
punisher46 said:
Only just upgraded gfx card and cpu. Is half life worth bothering with? Tried call of duty 2 on medium 1024 and get around 30-40 fps....

Is Half Life worth Bothering With :eek:

Short answer...Yes!

Go out and get it now! :p

Man of Honour
punisher46 said:
Only just upgraded gfx card and cpu. Is half life worth bothering with? Tried call of duty 2 on medium 1024 and get around 30-40 fps....

The HL2 engine should be worth it, a nicer engine overall in my opinion to the COD2 engine.

www.steampowered.com get an account and download the demo. You'll know how well it works then :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
punisher46 said:

Yes I'd recommend it if you like fps games. It has a well-optimised engine which runs well even on a Geforce4 believe it or not.

Soldato
Agree HL2 engine is sublime, I really like it. I had high hopes for Doom3 engine but doom3/quake3 didn't do it for me. Looking forward to QW:ET mind you that may be the title that devlivers with the engine.

get HL2, but also check counter strike Source/ Day of defeat source

Soldato
i think i've installed this, but in the readme it says to select in in '3rd party games' or something, but i can't find an option to load any third party stuff, either within steam or within hl2 itself. Anyone?

Soldato
Have to say, its a great game but after playing FEAR the graphics would have to improve a lot to please me! Although I was always hoping for a nice alien vas predator 3 on either hl2 or doom 3 engine.

Soldato
oxygene said:
Have to say, its a great game but after playing FEAR the graphics would have to improve a lot to please me! Although I was always hoping for a nice alien vas predator 3 on either hl2 or doom 3 engine.

I've just started playing fear (done about 5 levels) and i think the graphics (APART from the character models and shadow stuff) are nowhere near as good as HL2...or as interesting...or as smooth for that matter!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom