Halo 3 PC

Caporegime
Call of duty was originally released for PC, then ported for console.

The game was originally based on the Quake III engine.

I'd say it was a PC game first. Now consoles reap in on the goodness aswell.

Oh and the realase date for COD4 was over 3 days for Xbox/PS3/PC. Basically the same time. And it's developed on PC.

May be developed on pc but the pc version plays identically to the console version including the console elements that the game has picked up ever since the series went multiformat with cod2.

Soldato
May be developed on pc but the pc version plays identically to the console version including the console elements that the game has picked up ever since the series went multiformat with cod2.

Well personally I see a game from where it is from, not what it has become :D

It's like people who say that GTA is a console game, makes my blood boil. Granted it has moved to console as its main platform now but it was born to the PC ethnicity and god damnit it's still the same colour to me!!!

Back on topic: Halo - Boooooo Hiisssss :D

Soldato
Half Life does deathmatch, team deathmatch, CTF, etc :D

Tit for tat really. Half Life 2 was far more ground breaking in my opinion. Considering the aftermath it has spawned giving us the source engine, etc.

Soldato
HL was behind Halo in terms of online play imo.

Is this getting annoying yet. :)

Not really. I disagree, but then again as an obvious consoler you are probably going to think Halo/Halo2 was ground breaking online play.

I beg to differ and it's something I.D were doing since the mid/late 90's :)

I think they significantly improved Halo2 online capabilities because of Xbox live taking off and hence it was based around it's online play.

Tit for tat really.

Soldato
Obvious consoler, pah...... been playing PC since the days of networking Doom.

I see what you're saying though and agree that playing a FPS online was not a new concept when Halo was released.

I do think that Halo 2 was a pretty good example of how to do it properly though....

Soldato
One thing Halo did extremely well was enemy AI, at least when you moved to Very Hard. I was disappointed with a number of PC FPSs that have been released since then.

Soldato
Examples of PC only FPS which your referring to...?
HL2 took Halo 2 out to the street and beat it to a bloody palp. Then went back in to it's livingroom to curl one out on it rug. Then went back out again to drag what was left of Halo2 bloody corpse to smear it's face in the pile of crap. Halo2 does not, would not, could not even compare to HL2 on any level.

Don't bother to defend it.......... it would just result in laughter

I was personally thinking of games like Stalker and Crysis. Also the likes of Half life 1&2, Quake 2, Doom3. I do have a nasty feeling that Crysis was and will be the last game developed soley for PC. It's a dying breed and going the way of Amiga games. Piracy being the central blame, when we all know it's really down to sloppy programming and the number of console users out there ready to spend their (or their parents) cash. Also it has to be easier to program for a console as they are limited by hardware, where a PC game needs to be able to be scaled to different PC configs and often patched to ensure compatibility.

Associate
Halo was a good example of how to do online play well on a console.
Online play had been done very well long before that.

In terms of actual gameplay it was a pretty standard affair to what we had been getting, I don't really think there is any need to discuss reasons. Just play on a few PC games half life 2, doom 3, call of duty 1, no-one lives forever 2. And see how much better we were doing it before halo.

Personally I thought halo 1 was a decent 7/10 playthrough, halo 2 was just aweful (except online, which was simply on par with what was being done on PC), and halo 3 I just have no idea why 360 owners put up with that garbage. Just an overhyped standard shooter.

Back
Top Bottom