Halo 3 PC

Soldato
OP
Ok so general consensus is that it's not coming. Guess i will just look forward to Modern Warfare 2 then. As far as i can see there is nothing on the 09 calendar other than MW2 to look forward too :(

Associate
One thing Halo did extremely well was enemy AI, at least when you moved to Very Hard. I was disappointed with a number of PC FPSs that have been released since then.

yep, the ai is really impressive in the halo games, when i first got the game on my xbox i played it on the normal setting and thought it was ok but couldnt see what the fuss was about. a few months after me and a fried decided to try it on the hardest setting and its amazing how good the enemies react to different situations, it was like a totally different game because it really made each battle something to think about :p

Soldato
I really liked parts of Halo 2. I never was a "big" halo fan though, I still haven't even played 3 despite owning a 360.

Halo 1 and 2 I did find fun, honestly.

Soldato
sure enough halo hasn't really brought anything particularly revolutionary to the market, doesn't really introduce anything new, but then niether do any other FPS games at the moment, COD4 is just a run and gun FPS just like halo. the only FPS that will bring something new to the format anytime soon is operation flashpoint II, and thats only if they keep with the flashpoint tradition of 'get shot your dead'

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Didnt it take 3 years for halo 2 to come out on the pc if so i wouldnt expect halo 3 till next year.

Associate
Knowing Microsoft they will try and get as much money as they can for it and make it a Windows 7 exclusive, like they did with Halo 2 and vista.

Soldato
HL2 took Halo 2 out to the street and beat it to a bloody palp. Then went back in to it's livingroom to curl one out on it rug. Then went back out again to drag what was left of Halo2 bloody corpse to smear it's face in the pile of crap. Halo2 does not, would not, could not even compare to HL2 on any level.

Don't bother to defend it.......... it would just result in laughter

You're right as I've already said, they don't compare at all. :rolleyes:

Associate
HL2 took Halo 2 out to the street and beat it to a bloody palp. Then went back in to it's livingroom to curl one out on it rug. Then went back out again to drag what was left of Halo2 bloody corpse to smear it's face in the pile of crap. Halo2 does not, would not, could not even compare to HL2 on any level.

Don't bother to defend it.......... it would just result in laughter

THIS.

Soldato
Halo (1) was originally designed to come out for the PC first.
Then something changed, I don't know what, but probably the foresight to see how much more money they could make. Which is a reasonably acceptable answer as it worked! :p

So pretty much everything they did, ideas, AI, penetration system (which I can't remember if they dumped or not), huge massive world, game types, was all thought out for the PC then after the change, scaled down, removed for the console with the original PC ideas left in. So next time a halo fanboy screams out, remind them it was made for PC then the executive decision was made to go console.

I finished 1, played a bit of 2 and then not really kept up to date with which is out/latest.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Halo (1) was originally designed to come out for the PC first.
Then something changed, I don't know what, but probably the foresight to see how much more money they could make. Which is a reasonably acceptable answer as it worked! :p

Actually it was a Mac game first :p

And what happened was, Microsoft bought Bungie and made it the flagship title for the Xbox. Since then it has been the 'cool game to hate' for PC gamers because of the way they were snubbed.

HeX

HeX

Soldato

And what happened was, Microsoft bought Bungie and made it the flagship title for the Xbox. Since then it has been the 'cool game to hate' for PC gamers because of the way they were snubbed.

PC/MAC game actually :p

Way back in 1999 I remember watching this:

Back then it was going to be a much more open worlded game, and it was 3rd person, they rewrote the entire thing when it went to Xbox and turned it into a linear FPS.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Halo was a mac game to start with iirc.

Microsoft bought it, wait Sham just said this :p

Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3 are console shooters :)

*CoD4 is a console shooter as well :o

Soldato

PC != Windows.
So I was right :d

Oh and wow at that video, I also remember watching that. 10 years already? man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom