Halo MCC - Halo 4 - 17th November

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Very happy to see this finally happening, I replayed Halo CE & Halo 2 last year on the PC and they both still held up pretty well. I was actually disappointed by the end as I really wanted to continue through the series again, I couldn't be bothered digging out the old xbox 360 and suffering through it with a controller though. I hope they fix the crosshair for the PC versions, it looks and feels bizarre to me being off centre in the console versions.

Hopefully we might get to see Halo 5 ported over at some point too, it would be pretty nice if they can get all of these released before Halo Infinite comes along.

Halo 2 remaster is gorgeous on Xbox, have a look at some videos the difference is incredible.

Glad Reach is coming though, it's my favourite!

Soldato
I'll get this collection again just for reach, its the best halo imo, of the main ones Id say if 5 isn there it's not a loss considering it was cack and 4 was pretty poor too

Soldato
Its all part of Game Pass so virtually free if you subscribe to that on Windows 10! "Alternatively, Halo: The Master Chief Collection falls under Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft's Netflix-style subscription service for gaming."
https://www.windowscentral.com/halo-master-chief-collection-pc-headed-steam-and-windows-10

Not sure Windows Central have got that right. Here's a quote from the announcement on Waypoint:

"Xbox Game Pass subscribers will have access to the entirety of Halo: Reach within MCC as part of their subscription."

PC isn't mentioned. There's also no mention of Play Anywhere.

Sunset Overdrive was ported to PC last year. It's not a Play Anywhere title. While it's on Xbox Game Pass, it isn't available for PC via Game Pass. If you owned it on Xbox and want it on PC, you have to cough up for another copy.

Soldato
Not sure Windows Central have got that right. Here's a quote from the announcement on Waypoint:

"Xbox Game Pass subscribers will have access to the entirety of Halo: Reach within MCC as part of their subscription."

PC isn't mentioned. There's also no mention of Play Anywhere.

Sunset Overdrive was ported to PC last year. It's not a Play Anywhere title. While it's on Xbox Game Pass, it isn't available for PC via Game Pass. If you owned it on Xbox and want it on PC, you have to cough up for another copy.
Play Anywhere is not possible as its coming to Steam. Play Anywhere is exclusive to Xbox1 & Win 10 ONLY. When they choose to release on Steam it cannot be Play Anywhere. So thank Steam release for that otherwise it would be free to Game Pass for very little money per month :rolleyes: MS can always eventually choose to put these on Game Pass though. That is what they do monthly on Xbox1 and Game Pass proper is coming to PC this year according to Phil Spencer so I still think they might end up on it as a Game Pass sub seller!

Tbh its great these games are coming to PC but lets face it most of them will just be the same dated gameplay with recentish graphics. I can see why they are releasing in reverse order leading up to the next proper Halo game coming to PC as well.

Soldato
Excuse me while I scoop this giant pile of **** out of my underpants.

UNBELIEVEABLE.

They are not forcing Windows store upon us?

Their number one franchise too.

Eat that Epic games store :D

Associate
I went crazy when they announced this on the live stream

Halo is probably my favorite franchise and I've been hoping for this announcement for years

Was blasting the Halo 3 soundtrack on the way to work this morning, no shame

Soldato
Also, if they're porting MCC one game at a time then I guess this puts to bed the "Xbox One games on PC" rumour that was doing the rounds a few weeks back.
That's not a rumour. Microsoft dont want to be platform based anymore they want to be service based they have said this so many times officially over the past few years.

Sure we may not get the xbox one back catalogue but their intention was to always release first party games post GOW4 to pc.

Whether they even release another console would be interesting,I'm sure they will but it will probably be their last or some weird PC hybrid.

Caporegime
OP
Sure we may not get the xbox one back catalogue but their intention was to always release first party games post GOW4 to pc.

To be honest, I'd rather have had the rest of the Gears of War games ported across to Steam than Halo but I'm still pleased ANYTHING from Microsoft is coming to Steam. The less I have to use the Windows Store, the better.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Played 1 and 2 on the PC never had the chance to finish the fight with the 3rd game, I guess that's going to change. Also a proper PC version? :p

Soldato
played all of them on xbox360 bar 5 since I've never owned an xbone.

I'm excited by this, Halo:Reach is by far my favourite in the franchaise, Though I do hope 5 makes an appearance on PC so I can catch up on the story, I reckon it'll come as they mention each game will appear one by one chronologically, so i reckon after they release 4 5 will appear shortly afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom