Halo MCC - Halo 4 - 17th November

Soldato
As good as the announcement is.
The total lack of release date is a bit naff.

Would have hoped for "Launching right now" A game a month.

Yeah I was hoping for "On Windows Game Pass after this announcement" As they have been sitting on a PC build for a while as it was "accidentally" shown at E3 a few years ago.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I was disappointed to see that it's a staggered launch for the games, and also that Reach is going to be coming out first. I get that it's a prequel, but for me, Halo Combat Evolved is where it all began, and it should start there for this as well.

Anyway, I wasn't really bothered about Reach. I played it and it was enjoyable, but for me, Halo is all about the Master Chief, and he's not in Reach!

Soldato
Yeah I was disappointed to see that it's a staggered launch for the games, and also that Reach is going to be coming out first. I get that it's a prequel, but for me, Halo Combat Evolved is where it all began, and it should start there for this as well.

Anyway, I wasn't really bothered about Reach. I played it and it was enjoyable, but for me, Halo is all about the Master Chief, and he's not in Reach!
Disappointed sure but it's expected. Microsoft new business model seems to recycling old games (last they announced the same thing for the Age of Empires series).

Soldato
Once upon a time they were good... The single player games have been greatly surpassed by other FPSs since. I suspect that it's the multiplayer aspect that holds the most attraction for folk as it still holds up very well today.

Soldato
whats the appeal of halo games?

When it first came out, it was the best co-operative FPS out there, and the universe is rich with lore. The entire concept was something new back then, and many that played it would still happily play through it again today because it's still one of the best FPS games out there in terms of design and story.

Caporegime
Great news, I've been wanting to play more of the games in the series for yonks now. Although in theory not quite what appeals to me in a shooter the way others do, there's something very polished about the delivery of these titles that makes Halo a very enjoyable experience. :)

Soldato
Can we get a remastered Freelancer then?

That was such a fun game.
Who knows, there's a lot of competition in the space-sim market with Elite, Squadron 42, Star Citizen, X4 Foundations and Eve already competing for relatively small all be it enthusiastic crowd. Personally I would like to see X-Wing and Tie Fighter games get a remake but with Disney in charge of the IP that seems like a pipe dream.

Back
Top Bottom