Hamilton hatred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ahh resorting to personal insults for anyone who disagrees with you. Always nice to see.

Mercedes won’t do anything for fear of being labelled racist. If you don’t want to hear people’s opinions I would probably steer clear of forums as well.

Personal insults? Where?

You do realise that the fact Mercedes will, in your world, back him for fear of being racist means you're acknowledging that racists are the minority and not really relevant in the thinking of big business?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Personal insults? Where?

Small minded individuals whinging on a forum. No?

You do realise that the fact Mercedes will, in your world, back him for fear of being racist means you're acknowledging that racists are the minority and not really relevant in the thinking of big business?

I know that racists are in the massive minority. What does that have to do with this. People don’t have to be racist to not want politics involved in everything they watch. I’m pretty sick of every other post on reddit being a circlejerk about how trump is an idiot. Doesn’t mean I like trump.

Soldato
Small minded individuals whinging on a forum. No?

I know that racists are in the massive minority. What does that have to do with this. People don’t have to be racist to not want politics involved in everything they watch. I’m pretty sick of every other post on reddit being a circlejerk about how trump is an idiot. Doesn’t mean I like trump.

No, that was a generalisation about the people who complain about Hamilton and their relevance to what anybody of importance thinks.

If you want to self identify as being in that demographic it's on you.

Soldato
I am quite happy to listen to other peoples opinions. Thats what forums are for. That doesn't mean I necessarily agree with them...
The irony wasn't about listening to people's opinion on here. The irony is that the whole point of this conversation is how diabolical it is for Hamilton to dare to have, and share, one.

Soldato
I admire him as a driver etc but the taking the knee, drivers statements, blah blah and now that podium he's gone to far and they need to put a stop to it.
That woman opened up on a group of armed policemen in the middle of the night. That was only ever going to end one way.

It makes me wonder who she was expecting and why.

Next he'll be running around in a kilt waving a banner

fez

fez

Caporegime
The irony wasn't about listening to people's opinion on here. The irony is that the whole point of this conversation is how diabolical it is for Hamilton to dare to have, and share, one.

Is it? Or is it about him not doing it while he is at work. Who has said that Hamilton isn't allowed or shouldn't have opinions on things. I think hes a complete idiot but I agree with quite a lot of what he says. I just think hes a massive hypocrite and and should keep the voicing of those opinions to his own time.

Just because I agree with someone doesn't mean I think that they should be voicing that opinion at any moment or in any context.

fez

fez

Caporegime
That woman opened up on a group of armed policemen in the middle of the night. That was only ever going to end one way.

It makes me wonder who she was expecting and why.

It was a no knock warrant in the middle of the night. Her ex-BF was a drug dealer and she was probably thinking it was someone there to attack them. I assume she was disoriented. Who knows. Either way, the police did their job and if you want to look into the laws that allow no knock warrants in the middle of the night thats fine. If you want to look into gun laws that fine. Hating on the police as a whole is pretty in vogue in the US right now though.

America is a strange place that its quite hard for us to understand. If I was woken by the police in the middle of the night I wouldn't have a gun and I wouldn't have thought the police would either. Its a mess.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was a no knock warrant in the middle of the night. Her BF was a drug dealer and she was probably thinking it was someone there to either steal their drugs or attack them. I assume she was disoriented. Who knows. Either way, the police did their job and if you want to look into the laws that allow no knock warrants in the middle of the night thats fine. If you want to look into gun laws that fine. Hating on the police as a whole is pretty in vogue in the US right now though.

America is a strange place that its quite hard for us to understand. If I was woken by the police in the middle of the night I wouldn't have a gun and I wouldn't have thought the police would either. Its a mess.
Wasn't that it was her ex-boyfriend was the drug dealer? Not the person within the residence

Ms. Taylor and her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, had been in bed, but got up when they heard a loud banging at the door. Mr. Walker said he and Ms. Taylor both called out, asking who was at the door. Mr. Walker later told the police he feared it was Ms. Taylor’s ex-boyfriend trying to break in.

----

No drugs were found in the apartment, a lawyer for Mr. Walker said.

----

Jamarcus Glover, Ms. Taylor’s ex-boyfriend whose alleged packages led the police to her door that night, was arrested on Aug. 27 in possession of drugs, according to a charging document. He told The Courier Journal that Ms. Taylor had no involvement in the drug trade. “The police are trying to make it out to be my fault and turning the whole community out here, making it look like I brought this to Breonna’s door,” he said.

Source

fez

fez

Caporegime
Wasn't that it was her ex-boyfriend was the drug dealer? Not the person within the residence

They seemed to have a warrant for her property because it was linked to the drug dealing of her ex-boyfriend. The whole situation was a mess but its not as simple as some are making out. The US police need serious reform which will hopefully happen but going after anyone involved in the killing of a black person is counter productive.

Soldato
They seemed to have a warrant for her property because it was linked to the drug dealing of her ex-boyfriend. The whole situation was a mess but its not as simple as some are making out. The US police need serious reform which will hopefully happen but going after anyone involved in the killing of a black person is counter productive.

Yes but you made it sound as if she was still seeing the drug dealer ex and that she was trying to defend drugs within the house - when that clearly isn't the case.

There is a lot we don't know with the case but to make out the police were just doing their job and made no mistakes during the incident is false.

The police’s incident report contained multiple errors. It listed Ms. Taylor’s injuries as “none,” even though she had been shot several times, and indicated that officers had not forced their way into the apartment — though they used a battering ram to break the door open.

if they can't even get basic aspects of their story correct what's to say more didn't go wrong?

Regardless, say what you will about Lewis but he has good intentions for the most part. It's good he is using his platform to raise awareness for causes that he believes in and if that makes some people uncomfortable, so be it.

Now I'm not comparing him to the late and great Muhammad Ali but sports personalities can be the change some people need. It may not work on you or me but there will be young kids looking up to Lewis and the example he is setting. That's a good thing in my eyes.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yes but you made it sound as if she was still seeing the drug dealer ex and that she was trying to defend drugs within the house - when that clearly isn't the case.

You are right and I've amended the post.

There is a lot we don't know with the case but to make out the police were just doing their job and made no mistakes during the incident is false.

if they can't even get basic aspects of their story correct what's to say more didn't go wrong?

I assume there is an enquiry into it and if they find out there is grounds for charging the officers they will be charged. That is what should happen. Accountability.

I don't know how that can happen in the current climate though because so many people are anti-police and seem to think the police should be perfect in a country where anyone you deal with could have a gun and could kill you.

Regardless, say what you will about Lewis but he has good intentions for the most part. It's good he is using his platform to raise awareness for causes that he believes in and if that makes some people uncomfortable, so be it.

Now I'm not comparing him to the late and great Muhammad Ali but sports personalities can be the change some people need. It may not work on you or me but there will be young kids looking up to Lewis and the example he is setting. That's a good thing in my eyes.

I don't doubt that he is doing this from a good place but thats why I am happy for sports etc to have the general "racism is bad" "stop racism" messages. They can give it the prominence it deserves without getting into specific nuanced cases. When you start getting into opinions in your messages or politics, I think it should be kept to your private time. Stop racism isn't an opinion. Arresting cops is.

Soldato
You are right and I've amended the post.

I wasn't trying to make out if you were deliberately misleading people. Just the first post made it seem like she herself was guilty of any wrong doing and I don't think that's fair.

I assume there is an enquiry into it and if they find out there is grounds for charging the officers they will be charged. That is what should happen. Accountability.

I don't know how that can happen in the current climate though because so many people are anti-police and seem to think the police should be perfect in a country where anyone you deal with could have a gun and could kill you.
I don't envy the police over there (oh here for that matter) but I do believe we should be holding these supposedly trained individuals to a higher standard than Joe Public. If what is being said about the police not saying who they are is true, in a country full of guns I can't really blame her current boyfriend for firing shots in self defence.

Really the whole case is a tragic incident where mistakes were made but ultimately it ended up with someone innocent losing their life.

I don't doubt that he is doing this from a good place but thats why I am happy for sports etc to have the general "racism is bad" "stop racism" messages. They can give it the prominence it deserves without getting into specific nuanced cases. When you start getting into opinions in your messages or politics, I think it should be kept to your private time. Stop racism isn't an opinion. Arresting cops is.

Not that I disagree with you (If he was up there with a Vote Labour/Conservative/Liberal t-shirt I'd agree it has no place) but I don't think this was that political. Arrest doesn't mean just lock them up in jail with no trial. But it is crazy that these guys get to walk around free.

People are citing one reason for disliking him is due to his success. If, or more than likely when, he becomes the most successful, I expect the vitriol to increase tenfold. And whilst these bitter people get all sour and criticise him for; 'weird' fashion, his 'rapper' style, that he hangs around with celebrities or his social views there will be a very good chance he will be sat at the top of all the meaningful statistics for a while.

And that makes me happy.

Soldato
Is it? Or is it about him not doing it while he is at work.

If that alone was the issue, then it would surely be an issue for Mercedes or for the FIA? Why on earth would a random watchers problem be that it was while he was at work? Why does that make a difference to them?

Soldato

Well that's pretty much what the protests are starting with isn't it? That isn't really happening, just the usual 'oh we've had an internal investigation and sacked a few people' - it's only following pressure from the protests that anything else is even being considered, despite a woman being shot 5-8 times after 20+ rounds were discharged into what sounds like her entire house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom