Hamilton hatred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I just think he is tarnishing his own character with this stuff, it's a shame especially as he is driving so well. (Or appears to be)
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I'm beyond caring what the court of public opinion is on him.

It's the modern day equivalent of I'm paying the circus for the monkey and the elephant to entertain me so shut up and dance, and I can kind of understand that but it's inhumane, those people holding that view are cold hearted and lack empathy.

Soldato
So I presume you also think Ali should've shut up and stuck to fighting?

I find it funny that he has to be one of the most out of touch black people. Yeah he's rich now but it's not like he was born a millionaire. Pretty sure he knew what it was like growing up
It's telling that you're getting upset/offended on his behalf. I've given my opinions on the matter, stand by your principles and accept I have them.

Schumacher had no need to speak out as he had all the privilege already. :D
Lewis was elevated above his station through go karting because he was black. He was privileged for his skin colour, so perhaps he doesn't need to speak out either?

The fact you think that it'll tarnish his reputation for standing up to things like this says more about you than it does him, in my opinion. You want him to be a coward and tow the party line just because it's more comfortable for you to watch. I'm glad he's realised his position and no longer worries about where his bread is buttered.
Well it clearly has tarnished his reputation since many of his fans have since turned around and said "he's now a bit of a nob really". No one has said he should "tow the line" and no one has said they feel uncomfortable about anything. All I see is people stating he's looking like a nob.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I'm beyond caring what the court of public opinion is on him.

It's the modern day equivalent of I'm paying the circus for the monkey and the elephant to entertain me so shut up and dance, and I can kind of understand that but it's inhumane, those people holding that view are cold hearted and lack empathy.
I respect what you say and agree to an extent, but it is entertainment isn't it

Soldato
It's telling that you're getting upset/offended on his behalf. I've given my opinions on the matter, stand by your principles and accept I have them.
Where have I got offended? Because I don't think he's out of touch? OK.

Well it clearly has tarnished his reputation since many of his fans have since turned around and said "he's now a bit of a nob really". No one has said he should "tow the line" and no one has said they feel uncomfortable about anything. All I see is people stating he's looking like a nob.

You have people saying they preferred him when he knew where his bread was buttered. If that isn't wanting someone to return to towing the party line, I don't know what is.

Soldato
Where have I got offended? Because I don't think he's out of touch? OK.

You have people saying they preferred him when he knew where his bread was buttered. If that isn't wanting someone to return to towing the party line, I don't know what is.
How many people? Can you provide examples? I can provide several instances where people say they think he's a nob. Can you provide examples when people have been made uncomfortable?

You do realise people just want to watch their favourite sport without all the pantomime right? There's many other platforms from which he can signal from. I'll be honest, him doing what he does seems to have the reverse effect... I find myself caring less about his "message".

mjt

mjt

Soldato
How many people? Can you provide examples? I can provide several instances where people say they think he's a nob. Can you provide examples when people have been made uncomfortable?

You do realise people just want to watch their favourite sport without all the pantomime right? There's many other platforms from which he can signal from. I'll be honest, him doing what he does seems to have the reverse effect... I find myself caring less about his "message".
There was no pantomime. He wore a t-shirt. Get over it.

Soldato

Literally the person I was replying to had the quote about where his bread was buttered - I didn't say that for no reason out of the blue.

I didn't realise when discussing this I was only allowed to talk about OCUK in a vacuum. People, wether it be Reddit, autosport forums, planetF1 forums have said they found it a bit uncomfortable and just want to watch their sport.
There's nothing wrong with just wanting to use sport as a bit of an escapism but at the same time - he's raised awareness. Whether or not you don't care any more because he dared wear a t shirt on a podium is on you

Soldato
Literally the person I was replying to had the quote about where his bread was buttered - I didn't say that for no reason out of the blue.

I didn't realise when discussing this I was only allowed to talk about OCUK in a vacuum. People, wether it be Reddit, autosport forums, planetF1 forums have said they found it a bit uncomfortable and just want to watch their sport.
There's nothing wrong with just wanting to use sport as a bit of an escapism but at the same time - he's raised awareness. Whether or not you don't care any more because he dared wear a t shirt on a podium is on you
Nothing is on me. It's been all season though hasn't it? A pantomime of Lewis and his virtue signalling, hence the opinion "nob". I'm not outraged, uncomfortable, upset, anything... I'm just.. not bothered. I want the build up to be about the F1, the race about the F1 and the winners ceremony to be about F1...

Imagine if all the tesco staff suddenly started spending all their working day preaching to their customers about saving the planet and not to be racist, they'd be sacked, and we're not "paying their wages"...

Soldato
Anyway looks like the family are getting a big settlement and a grand jury is going to decide on whether criminal charges should be brought. The officers involved have been dealt with in different ways not enough yet, but the matter seems to be in hand. So why Lewis saw fit to do what he did int that way is mystifying, he's not going to achieve anything.

Associate
Here's a thought, if these protestors like Hamilton, did manage to get that police force to change their policy to announce they are the police when breaking that door down (instead of saying nothing when asked) - was it worth Hamilton wearing the t shirt?

Soldato
Here's a thought, if these protestors like Hamilton, did manage to get that police force to change their policy to announce they are the police when breaking that door down (instead of saying nothing when asked) - was it worth Hamilton wearing the t shirt?
I would say its not an issue relevant to f1 or its audience so no, I think the issue was fairly publicly being dealt with so he has been very much discredited by doing what he did, I do think its sad because he is clearly aligning himself with a mob.

Associate
I would say its not an issue relevant to f1 or its audience so no, I think the issue was fairly publicly being dealt with so he has been very much discredited by doing what he did, I do think its sad because he is clearly aligning himself with a mob.
Then may God have mercy for your soul and others with the similar opinions, for he is only doing the work of God.

Soldato
Anyway looks like the family are getting a big settlement and a grand jury is going to decide on whether criminal charges should be brought. The officers involved have been dealt with in different ways not enough yet, but the matter seems to be in hand. So why Lewis saw fit to do what he did int that way is mystifying, he's not going to achieve anything.

Lewis loves to jump on the bandwagon, it's all about him really. When everyone kneels on the grid, it's Hamilton who removes his mask for the photo opportunity. Says it all really.

Soldato
Then may God have mercy for your soul and others with the similar opinions, for he is only doing the work of God.
Lol

Lewis loves to jump on the bandwagon, it's all about him really. When everyone kneels on the grid, it's Hamilton who removes his mask for the photo opportunity. Says it all really.
Bingo

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
Go on, say what you really want to say. It'll make you feel good about yourself for the day.

:D

Just can't understand it.. Anything that highlights these issues is good, until it's resolved.

Footballers taking a knee for the past few months, hasn't affected the footy for me. Hamilton doing whatever, hasn't affected the races. NFL, NBA, etc, none of it affects the sport(mostly, there were some walkouts/postponements). Just seems irrational raging from the "usual" crowd.

Soldato
:D

Just can't understand it.. Anything that highlights these issues is good, until it's resolved.

Footballers taking a knee for the past few months, hasn't affected the footy for me. Hamilton doing whatever, hasn't affected the races. NFL, NBA, etc, none of it affects the sport(mostly, there were some walkouts/postponements). Just seems irrational raging from the "usual" crowd.
Tbf football has had a problem with nasty racism so while I don't like it I think it may do some good. F1 is not in need of the same message, it happened once at the Spanish gp many years ago, but is not a problem now because f1 takes a hard line.
I just think he's misguided and as it turns out made a fool off himself, blimey he'll be moaning about brexit next and slagging off Boris. Go read the guardian and wip yourself a few times but don't spoil my Sunday of escapism please.

In reality he's a massive hypocrite he's got more money than he ever needs, splurges on toys and god knows what, while living in that ridiculous dump of a tax haven. Then he wants to identify with poor under privileged black kids, just go away man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom