Hamilton hatred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
So??? Does fighting for a championship mean a penalty or driver should be treated differently? If Hamilton (or his team instructed him to do something which) broke a rule, shouldn't it also be punished?

I don't know about you but I think each offense has to be judged on it's own merit regardless of a persons championship position.

No and at the moment Hamilton is getting treated differently, but back to the point you actually made, of course Hamilton is going to be more upset, it actually counts for something whereas ricciardo has little to gain or lose - he’s not fighting for the championship and is off to a different team next year. Also, it was the teams decision, so it should be the team punished - as we often see when teams get fines. Why a time penalty? It wasn’t even during the race and had no bearing on the race. It stinks.

Associate
You can't see why a driver is aggrieved for a mistake made by his team leading to possibly losing a race and impacting his championship battle compared to a driver who went too deep into a corner leading to his penalty. The penalty didn't even affect his race.

Let me rephrase because you don't seem to understand. If a driver breaks a rule, whether by their choosing, or their teams, it should be punished within the scope of that rule.

Whether it effected that drivers race doesn't take away from the fact a rule was broken? I get it, you're all English and Lewis Hamilton is number #1.

I have a view that it shouldn't matter if whether driver (or team) is famous, fighting for a championship, has strong manufacturer or financial backing or influence. These factors should not influence a punishment or decision for which a rule has been broken. All drivers and teams should be treated fairly regardless of position or backing. Conversely I think punishments should also be more consistent (an area I'd like to see improvement).

No and at the moment Hamilton is getting treated differently, but back to the point you actually made, of course Hamilton is going to be more upset, it actually counts for something whereas ricciardo has little to gain or lose.

I agree with you on one aspect that Hamilton has every right to be upset. He followed the incorrect instructions provided by his team. He gained no benefit from his actions but it doesn't detract from the fact a rule was broken whether it "counts" for something or not.

Associate
Let me rephrase because you don't seem to understand. If a driver breaks a rule, whether by their choosing, or their teams, it should be punished within the scope of that rule.

Whether it effected that drivers race doesn't take away from the fact a rule was broken? I get it, you're all English and Lewis Hamilton is number #1.

I have a view that it shouldn't matter if whether driver (or team) is famous, fighting for a championship, has strong manufacturer or financial backing or influence. These factors should not influence a punishment or decision for which a rule has been broken. All drivers and teams should be treated fairly regardless of position or backing. Conversely I think punishments should also be more consistent (an area I'd like to see improvement).

I do understand and agree that penalties should be applied consistently.

I'll leave it there as it seemed you was criticising Hamilton for how he took his penalty compared to Riccardio.

Associate
I do understand and agree that penalties should be applied consistently.

Glad we agree

I'll leave it there as it seemed you was criticising Hamilton for how he took his penalty compared to Riccardio.

I was.

I agree that Hamilton is not to blame
Has every right to be ****** (at his team)
Gained absolutely no benefit from the incident.

But for some reason I can really relate with a driver who is down to earth. It's a really likable trait.

RENAULT: "You have a five-second penalty for the Turn 2 incident"
RICCIARDO: "OK. I'll drive faster"
RENAULT: "Cheers buddy"

Soldato
It’s a bit like the BLM protests- err rules don’t apply to me !

Lewis do everyone a favour , stop being a baby rules are rules .

Also whilst I have your ear keep politics out of F1 - the fans don’t want to see it as it’s their weekend escape from the worlds BS and you bring it straight back into there living room .

Soldato
Is that what he was playing here? I thought he was playing the ‘I’m too far ahead card making the sport dull’? If I’m wrong then he’s a moron.

That's exactly what he meant when you take his answer in proper context.

Asked if he felt targeted by the rulings, Hamilton explained that it was not him specifically, but whoever was dominating F1 that was susceptible to rulings to try and rein them in.

"I don't necessarily think that it's for me," Hamilton said. "I think probably most teams, whenever a team is at the front, obviously they are doing a lot of scrutiny.

"Everything we have on our car is being checked, and double-checked and triple-checked.

"They are changing rules, such as the engine regs, lots and lots of things to get in the way to keep the racing exciting, I assume.

"I don't know if the rules, in terms of what happened today, was anything to do with it but naturally that's how it feels.

"It feels like we're fighting uphill, but it's OK. It's not like I haven't faced adversity before.

"So we just keep our heads down and keep fighting and keep trying to do a better job and be cleaner and squeaky clean, as I said before."

source

I find it funny people are acting like Danny dealt with his penalty correctly. Like we are supposed to just forget his 'Save it' and face like a slapped arse when on the Monaco podium when his team also did him dirty.

Associate
Hamilton hasn't done anything particularly dangerous this year yet he was a whisker away from a race ban.

Make of that what you will.

Associate
I think the text @junjlist posted speaks for itself. Of course a team and a driver who are sp far ahead are going to get scruitny and are going to not be given the benefit of the doubt Must be frustrating, but he and the Mercedes team are just so much better than everyone else at the moment.

If Williams had done that I can imagine they might have just got a single 5 sec penalty as they're rubbish and at the back anyway. If you're a front running team you get the rules applied strictly with no mercy.

I like Hamilton as a driver, not interestd in any of the other stuff. What does anny me is his constant moaning about the tyres not being good, when he's going faster than anyone on the track anyway

Associate
People need to realise that ALL teams need to be scrutinised equally. It should not matter where in the championship order you are, the penalty applied needs to be consistent. I don't think this was a case of a leading team being penalised to keep the championship interesting.

Moving forward, if this is to happen in the future, the same penalty MUST be applied. No exceptions.

I find it funny people are acting like Danny dealt with his penalty correctly. Like we are supposed to just forget his 'Save it' and face like a slapped arse when on the Monaco podium when his team also did him dirty.

Can you further clarify this comment as I'd like to respond but want to ensure I can do so without any misunderstanding on my part.

Soldato
Can you further clarify this comment as I'd like to respond but want to ensure I can do so without any misunderstanding on my part.

Referring to Red Bull costing him the win at Monaco 2016 by completely botching his pit stop (didn't have tyres out lolwut) and he was in ultra-sulk mode.

All the drivers are capable of throwing their toys out when they think someone else has screwed them, the fact Ricciardo was seen as mature about dealing with his own mistake here doesn't really change that.

Soldato
I’m far from being a big Hamilton fan, but how can he have 8 points when regularly dangerous drivers such as Grosjean and Magnussen have zero points?

How did Maldonado survive so long, he caused a crash every other race. Even wrecked a car during a public demonstration event lol

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Some people are just arses. Hamilton is a arse. Throw in success (as much as being on the team with the best car F1 is) only throws extra petrol the fire. So we can break this down into the following equation

Being a arse + Success^2 = Hatred

where success = Time + the best kit/luck x Pi (its motor racing you need a Pi )

Soldato
He does seem like a bit of an A-hole off camera (and apparently he is according to some). The way he has childish tantrums when thing don't go his way gives it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom