Hamilton signs deal with EA

Soldato
The GPDA had absolutely nothing to do with drivers rights.

Yes it did, Jacques was the only driver not a member and as such refused to be part of the game, as he refused to be part of the GPDA, There was no individual deals for each driver, just a deal with all those in the GPDA. I am a JV fan, I know this is 100% true. Things have changed since back then though, 10 years later now. And FOM are much more protective of the F1 brand, F197 was even taken off the shelves due to a court case with the FIA due to them not really having a licence with them.

Williams cannot stop EA or Sony using their brand, they signed that away when they signed the deal with Bernie, Bernie has the rights to sell the F1 brand to anyone anyhow, and that includes all the teams and drivers, but I am just repeating myself, go ask on Planet F1 or Pitpass if you really do not believe me, but I aint gonna bang my head on the wall no more.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yes it did, Jacques was the only driver not a member and as such refused to be part of the game, as he refused to be part of the GPDA, There was no individual deals for each driver, just a deal with all those in the GPDA. I am a JV fan, I know this is 100% true. Things have changed since back then though, 10 years later now. And FOM are much more protective of the F1 brand, F197 was even taken off the shelves due to a court case with the FIA due to them not really having a licence with them.

What the hell are you on about. Jacques being in the GPDA has sod all to do with image rights. The GPDA is a safety body to discuss driving and safety issues. It has nothing to do with image rights. He refused to be part of the game because he wasn't being paid. The GPDA does not have any power or dealings with image rights for F1 games.

So as a JV fan that knows this to be 100% true if I can get Jacques himself to answer the question why he didnt allow the image rights will you accept that?

The question I will put to him is "Jacques is it true you didnt allow your image to be used in 97 on f197 because you wasn't a member of the GPDA"

Craig Pollock controls JV's image right along with JV. GPDA aint ****

Soldato
The F1 97 game as not an official game, to use the real driver names Bizarre was it who made it did a deal with the GPDA drivers to use their names, as JV was not part of it then they had to ask him, he said no, if he was in the GPDA he would have been in the game as they voted yes, and they all got a slice, there was no seperate deals for Michael, Damon etc etc, just the GPDA as a whole in one big deal. GPDA covers a whole manner of things not just safety FYI.

Yeah you go ask Jacques, or how about you just have some knowledge of the gaming back then :o But feel free to waffle on some more about something you clearly do not know about, I am 99% sure the game manual in F1 97 gives the GPDA a mention, I will hunt it out and serve it to you with some nice hot steaming humble pie :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
The F1 97 game as not an official game, to use the real driver names Bizarre was it who made it did a deal with the GPDA drivers to use their names, as JV was not part of it then they had to ask him, he said no, if he was in the GPDA he would have been in the game as they voted yes, and they all got a slice, there was no seperate deals for Michael, Damon etc etc, just the GPDA as a whole in one big deal. GPDA covers a whole manner of things not just safety FYI.

Yeah you go ask Jacques, or how about you just have some knowledge of the gaming back then :o But feel free to waffle on some more about something you clearly do not know about, I am 99% sure the game manual in F1 97 gives the GPDA a mention, I will hunt it out and serve it to you with some nice hot steaming humble pie :D

It doesnt matter whether it was an official game or not if Jacques didnt want them to use his image/helmet/name then they cannot. They cannot profit from that without his permission.

So basically you have said that even if I get an answer from Jacques on his image rights you still wont believe it or gaming knowledge from back then somehow means more than word from the man himself. Edit what does mentioning the GPDA prove? Tell me exactly what you think the role of the GPDA is in regards image rights.

Oh well like so many others on here that have tried to educate you, its obviously wasted :p

Caporegime
I am 99% sure the game manual in F1 97 gives the GPDA a mention, I will hunt it out and serve it to you with some nice hot steaming humble pie :D

Yes please do that I have a copy infront of me right now and would be very interested to see where its creditted the GPDA.

img0501pa3.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes please do that I have a copy infront of me right now and would be very interested to see where its creditted the GPDA.

I happen to have the game out at the moment and theres no mention of the GPDA as far as I can see, they only mention the 'Formula One Administration Limited'. Though JV is named and pictured in my manual :p

Caporegime
I happen to have the game out at the moment and theres no mention of the GPDA as far as I can see, they only mention the 'Formula One Administration Limited'. Though JV is named and pictured in my manual :p

That must be a really early copy. Mine has licenced by the formula one administration limited and JV is williams no1. NO helmet colours either funnily enough.

Soldato
That must be a really early copy. Mine has licenced by the formula one administration limited and JV is williams no1. NO helmet colours either funnily enough.

I think I just have a dodgy manual, must have sliped in from the orignal batch of games :p In the actual game hes called Driverone.

Though my manual also has a picture of a Ferrari next to the Stewarts :o

Caporegime
I think I just have a dodgy manual, must have sliped in from the orignal batch of games :p In the actual game hes called Driverone.

Though my manual also has a picture of a Ferrari next to the Stewarts :o

Hahaha where did you get it china ;) Quite amazing looking through it, that 5 of the drivers are still in F1. Even more amazing is that 10 years on they still havent done anything :D

Caporegime
F 1 World Grand Prix had no JV aswell :D

Thats because in 99 or whenever that game came out JV wasn't in the GPDA, you know the safety working group that apparently deals with driver image rights.
:D

Jarno clearly is deluded too....

"Jacques Villeneuve has decided that the decision of the GPDA to allow Michael to continue as president after the Monaco incident is not good, and to voice his protest decided to resign from the organisation.

Trulli had this to say, “He left because he has a point of view and is free to do whatever he wants. The GPDA is not there to judge a driver, it is there to assure that all drivers and teams and circuits have got enough safety.”

Oh and image rights Jarno?
:p

Last edited:
Soldato
Another entertaining disagreement involving Mr Men.

Something that I have noticed is that he's very quick to shout 'where's your proof' and then pour scorn on those unable to find it. Strange behaviour from someone unable to find definative proof of their own imo.

Soldato
It doesnt matter whether it was an official game or not if Jacques didnt want them to use his image/helmet/name then they cannot. They cannot profit from that without his permission.

So basically you have said that even if I get an answer from Jacques on his image rights you still wont believe it or gaming knowledge from back then somehow means more than word from the man himself. Edit what does mentioning the GPDA prove? Tell me exactly what you think the role of the GPDA is in regards image rights.

Oh well like so many others on here that have tried to educate you, its obviously wasted :p

Did I not already say they asked Jacques and he said NO? The rest of the drivers in the GPDA all of them apart from JV said yes to a deal, YOU can't seem to get my point, the point is there was no deal for each individual driver in the GPDA it was a blanket deal, they did not give Michael more than Panis, they did not have to speak to each and every driver, it was proposed to them as a group and they said yes, can you actually understand that, rather than sounding off on irrelevant matters?

Please tell me you can understand the point now rather than wading in with your gang. :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Another entertaining disagreement involving Mr Men.

Something that I have noticed is that he's very quick to shout 'where's your proof' and then pour scorn on those unable to find it. Strange behaviour from someone unable to find definative proof of their own imo.

Such as?

Another made up fantasy, Zzzzzzzzzzz

Back
Top Bottom