1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hammerite OK for calipers?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Confused, 20 Jan 2006.

1. Confused

Sgarrista

Hey all,

Having lots of work done to my car tomorrow, so have decided that while it's off the road for the day, i'll paint up my brake calipers/carriers to tidy them up a bit.

Has anyone used hammerite on their calipers, or should I go for specific caliper paint?

Anyone who has used hammerite - have you had any issues with temperature during heavy braking?

Cheers :)

2. chopchop

Banned

does it say heat resistant on the tin? or you could just find some caliper paint ?

3. Confused

Sgarrista

I'm not sure, not got a tin in front of me ;) Still undecided on colour, I think hammerite has a larger range than caliper/high temperature paint ;)

Just wondering if anyone else has used hammerite without adverse effects if I can't find caliper paint in the colour I want ;)

4. Stonedofmoo

Soldato

My friend did on his calibra and it caught fire

Wouldnt advise it!

Halfords sell high temp paint for the purpose for a few quid. Just get some of that

5. Dougsnake

Mobster

Hmms now im worried as i used hammerite smooth red on my astra calipers 6 months ago :eek:
    although i found a thread with google saying that it stands up to high temps here http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=91706&f=6&h=0

kinda puts me at ease a little :o

6. chopchop

Banned

do a few 120-0 stops and see if it can live with the toasty warm temps :)