Hammerite OK for calipers?

Soldato
Hey all,

Having lots of work done to my car tomorrow, so have decided that while it's off the road for the day, i'll paint up my brake calipers/carriers to tidy them up a bit.

Has anyone used hammerite on their calipers, or should I go for specific caliper paint?

Anyone who has used hammerite - have you had any issues with temperature during heavy braking?

Cheers :)

Soldato
OP
I'm not sure, not got a tin in front of me ;) Still undecided on colour, I think hammerite has a larger range than caliper/high temperature paint ;)

Just wondering if anyone else has used hammerite without adverse effects if I can't find caliper paint in the colour I want ;)

Soldato
Stonedofmoo said:
My friend did on his calibra and it caught fire

Wouldnt advise it!

Halfords sell high temp paint for the purpose for a few quid. Just get some of that

Hmms now im worried as i used hammerite smooth red on my astra calipers 6 months ago :eek:
although i found a thread with google saying that it stands up to high temps here http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=91706&f=6&h=0

Does the Hammerite stand up to the temperature? I would have thought you'd needed high temperature paint? Hammerite do "barbecue paint" but it's only in black.

It does stand up to high temperature, but how high i dont know. I went on the advise on others on here, who said theres had been on for a couple of years before it needed a recoat. Mines been done 3 months, and not a mark. How it stands up to track days, I dont know.

kinda puts me at ease a little :o

Back
Top Bottom