Hampshire Meet - 7th Oct

Soldato
OP
This is what happened :eek:

http://www.alfagtv.co.uk/rebuild2/Dscf0023.jpg

Trying to find out exactly what happened. I think it was a problem with the machining of the valve, but it could be a lot of things including the wrong mixture in that cylinder.

I am not that distraught because I know what I am doing and have all the tools, should only be around £70 in parts. Also last time I was stranded, but thanks to GreenFlag (who were great btw) I managed to get the car home without causing any more damage.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Joe T said:
I think you left all your fluid in the pub car park! :p

Nah that copper took it all as evidence. Under the Environment Act or something.

Did he show you his warrant card Matt? I cant remember I was too busy running away. Even if he was off duty they have to show their warrant cards when claiming to be a police officer.

Don
Well, he showed us a card but it wasn't a 'proper' plod card. He's actually a special constable (so he does the work, but doesn't get paid for it :p)

Unlucky with the alfa Ian :(

Permabanned
More respect for specials to be honest, as long as they don't do it for the wrong reasons.

They have full legal powers like normal Police officers in their county and all "touching" counties.

Associate
aye, I just saw a metal badge and was too busy soiling myself to ask for anymore. besides, i wasnt about to be cheeky with him.

I think I handled it as best as i could've :(

Soldato
We have some vids.

Thanks to Matt for hosting;

http://ocuk.physix.org/

I'm not linking directly to the vids themselves as most are quite large. They are completely unedited, what you see is what came off the camera. They are 640x480 mpeg4 encoded
Unfortunately a couple focused half the time on the windscreen rather than what was outside and there's a fair bit of sedate driving between the hooning.
Also for the first couple I was sitting in the back with no easy way to steady the camera, hence it bouncing all over the place at some points.
Enjoy, if anyone wants to put any kind of montage together or do anything else with the vids feel free.

Don
bah you managed to record me tailing slow cars :p apologies for the music too, ipod + shuffle = high risk of awful music :)

didnt we get a nice vid of that single carriageway lane, that was fun :D

Soldato
Will Gill said:
bah you managed to record me tailing slow cars :p apologies for the music too, ipod + shuffle = high risk of awful music :)

didnt we get a nice vid of that single carriageway lane, that was fun :D
Yeah, that last vid on the lane accross the field was the best, awesome fun too.

Back
Top Bottom