Poll: Hand washing...

How do you wash your hands after the toilet?

• Cold water and soap/handwash

Votes: 99 28.4%
  • Hot water and soap/handwash

Votes: 205 58.7%
  • Antibac gel.

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • I don't because im a tramp.....

Votes: 36 10.3%

• Total voters
Associate
hot water & liquid soap,then hand sanitizer once back in the office.

Even then I'm concerned about touching the door handle in the work toilets as so many tramps don't bother washing after taking a leak or a dump.

Soap and hot/cold water depending on how long the tap takes to warm up.

I never touch the door handles on the loo's here at work to many dirty gits who don't even bother to rinse with water after taking a dump, just use the paper towels to open the door.

Soldato
Washing hands to get rid of germs is mostly about the mechanical action - which warm water helps with.

There was a program on a few months ago where one of the tests was how clean your hands are after washing them. Movement with water were the most important parts as you're not killing the germs, you're washing them off your hands.

Soldato
I wonder how all the OCUK clean freaks would cope on something like a survival course, where they don't have a full-on Boots/Lloyds product range with which to purify themselves....? :)
I wouldn't go.

Pretty much every single one of my mates is going to Glastonbury this year. I won't though because i would hate it due to having no proper showers, disgusting toilets, mud everywhere and no bed. It's like my worst nightmare.

Soldato
What surprises me is how many people don't wash their hands at motorway services. Every time I stop there are always people who just walk out when they're finished, even from cubicles. I imagine those places are some of the least hygienic toilets available due to sheer volume of use.

Soldato
I've worked where I need to be in Cat3 labs. You were only required to wash your hands with soap and cold water. If it's good enough for them it's good enough for me!

Continually try to persuade the significant other to only use cold water but in all fairness to her she needs all the extra warmth to stop her fingers dropping off :)

Oh, and yeah, warm water does a better job at loosening grime - but I don't make a habit of that being an issue when going to the toilet...

Soldato
I wouldn't go.
Then assume you find yourself in a survival situation...

Pretty much every single one of my mates is going to Glastonbury this year.
I wouldn't, mainly because of the sort of folk that go to "Glasto" in the first place... or more recently, "Glasteau"!!
Bad enough the ones that come here for the Reading Festival...:(

I imagine those places are some of the least hygienic toilets available due to sheer volume of use.
Depends how much they pay their domestic staff... By that measure alone, hospitals are one of the filthiest places around. But I've never known either to reek of that rank pub ****** smell...

Man of Honour
I've worked where I need to be in Cat3 labs. You were only required to wash your hands with soap and cold water. If it's good enough for them it's good enough for me!

Continually try to persuade the significant other to only use cold water but in all fairness to her she needs all the extra warmth to stop her fingers dropping off :)

Oh, and yeah, warm water does a better job at loosening grime - but I don't make a habit of that being an issue when going to the toilet...

I've done a bit of lab work - often they had a higher pressure cold hose (and rather nasty soap) rather than a hot/cold tapped sink - never asked about it or looked into the why though.

Soldato
A question - why do most public toilets have doors that open inwards? This arrangement means that once I've washed my own hands, I have to then touch a door handle that dirty scratters have touched with their noro-virus ridden hands, leaving the potential of contamination very real. Why can't the doors open outwards, that way I can push the door open without having to touch it with my hands.

Man of Honour
A question - why do most public toilets have doors that open inwards? This arrangement means that once I've washed my own hands, I have to then touch a door handle that dirty scratters have touched with their noro-virus ridden hands, leaving the potential of contamination very real. Why can't the doors open outwards, that way I can push the door open without having to touch it with my hands.
Fire safety most likely

Soldato
I just use my teeth. Problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom