Poll: Hand washing...

How do you wash your hands after the toilet?

• Cold water and soap/handwash

Votes: 99 28.4%
  • Hot water and soap/handwash

Votes: 205 58.7%
  • Antibac gel.

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • I don't because im a tramp.....

Votes: 36 10.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I do like the toilets that, apart from the cubicles, don't require you to touch anything.

Best I've ever seen was: Auto-flush toilets, auto dispense toilet roll, auto turn on taps, auto dispense soap, auto hand drier/auto dispense paper towels and then rather than a door to leave it's just an L shaped corridor.

Technically the only thing stopping you having auto-opening cubical doors is space. To make it so you don't have to touch anything you usually need to detect movement, but if there's not enough room between you and the door then your legs could set it off while you're sitting on the throne.

Still, used a disabled ready toilet once that had a motion activated door. Not sure I'd trust it if I had to maneuverouver a wheelchair in the room though!

Soldato
Or wear surgical gloves when you visit the gents.
Dunno why no-one's ever thought of that
You still have to take them off at some point, whereupon you'll end up touching something that The Unclean have had their mitts on...

I despise people who don't wash their hands. You're literally transferring your disgusting urine and faeces to other people by indirect contact.
Pigs.
But using facilities where particles of pee and poo will be airborne, get breathed in and will adhere to your clothing anyway doesn't really bother you...?

Soldato
Since urine is sterile and my wang and nuts are clean I don't bother washing my hands after taking a wee. After a dump I wash with cold water and soap and then when I'm back at my desk I use anti-bacterial gel.

Soldato
What is the difference between using hot and cold water? Or just another weird OCUK thing.

The water is not hot enough to make any difference. To reliably kill bacteria quickly the water would need to be over 70c, try sticking your hands under that for a few seconds (please dont't!). Same reason you should heat your food to such a temp before eating it.

Soldato
Public toilet or Private toilet?

Public toilet;

NO, I know where my hands have been and I know where a million other hands have been too!:eek:

I avoid touching anything, as far as possible, that anybody else might have touched. (Keep some kleenex for the handle that you need to touch in order to leave)

Private Toilet;

Yes, of course...:p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hot or cold water doesn't matter, just as the CDC link posted states and references. For me, hot water just dries the skin quickly, and cold water keeps them feeling better after washing hands after going to the loo or whatever. I did not know that using antibacterial soap vs standard soaps makes absolutely no difference, though!

Today I am a smidge wiser.

Associate
Dont know if anyone has said it yet but the alcohol gel is ****, doesnt kill lots of things, especially spore forming bacteria and knackers your hands.
a lot of the action of cleaning your hands with soap and water is actually scrubbing that **** off your hands and down the sink. I see a lot of people at hospital resting stuff on the sinks in rooms and i'll often point out the sinks are likely riddled with Antimicrobial resistant bugs.

Back
Top Bottom