1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Handbrake Cable

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Six6siX, 24 Jan 2006.

1. Six6siX

Mobster

Well, I was a little over enthuastic with my handbrake and i think i managed to snap the cable :( *lever goes floppy and loud snap heard*

Its not really a DIY job for me as I understand you need to get under the car etc. and i dont have the facilities.

So, what sorta price should I be looking at for cable+fitting? Went to one place and got £70 quote :eek:

2. Burnsy2023

Man of Honour

Thats not bad. I had to renew my handbrake cables recently, its not a bad job actually. The cables were about £40 and £30 for labour is about right.

Burnsy

3. Simian

Sgarrista

That probably about rite!... Most of that will be Labour!... The cable is probly only about £25-30!...

Soz Mate...

4. moss

Soldato

What car is it for?

5. Bear

Capodecina

Im in the process of doing a 300ZX rear brake conversion on my car and the R33 GTST handbrake cable I needed is supposed to be over £150 :eek: Luckily I got one off a breaker

6. Six6siX

Mobster

Cheers for the replies people, sorry forgot to say car is a 306 DTurbo Phase 1.

£70 seems ok then? Right, I might as well get it sorted, sooner rather than later. :D