Hands Free Kit advice needed

Soldato
I'm looking at getting a hands free kit for the wife, she's a district nurse and often has people ringing her whilst she's driving, I've never had anything to do with this type of product before so am a bit clueless.

I've heard of Parrot but how do I integrate it into the existing stereo, the car is a 2003 Renault Megane?

The current stereo is sometimes temperamental playing cd's so would another option be to buy a new headunit with built in hands free, is there even such a thing?

I would like to keep the steering wheel stalk controls working and separate display if possible.

Any advice would be great because like I said I haven't the fogiest when it comes to all this.

Soldato
Intergrated stereo's and bluetooth tend to be a compromise, i.e. mediocre at both.
I think if you buy a top end unit that may change, but at the low/mid range of the spectrum it's not good.

For my car (avensis) I had an ISO cable between the wiring loom and my aftermarket cd player. The parrot kit plugged into the ISO cable, then into the CD. Originally it was:
Car wiring > Iso adapter > stereo
Then it was:
Car wiring > ISO adapter > Parrot lead > stereo.
Depending on what stereo you buy you can get a cable that will allow you to retain steering wheel controls.

Have a look at caraudiodirect and you can enter your car details and it will show compatible products.

Back
Top Bottom