Hanns.G HZ281HPB 27.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Associate
You had better hope you dont have to send one of these back. Ull be waiting long enough.

I bought mine a week and a half ago and im still waiting for it to get picked up and sent back...god knows how long it will be till I finally get a replacement.

Overclockers told me go through some other repair company... this was supposed to be my xmas present. Probably be 2 weeks into jan before I get a decent one now.

Not happy. :mad:

Soldato
After having this screen for a week, Im loving it and, I dont think I will send it back, cos I dont need to use the user settings in the menu, plus I haven't any dead pixels.

The best thing about this, is everything on the screen is the same size as on my old 19" 5:4 screen but Ive just got stacks more desktop space:D

Also Im amazed how well my games run with my 3870 and cos Im using 1600x1200 res, games as nice and sharp, cos its using a native res (1200). The only downside is Im not playing games in a widescreen res, but at least the picture dont get stretched.

But hopefully in a few weeks/months I'll be upgrading my gpu, so then I will be able to enjoy my games in widescreen:D

Soldato
Having read a lot on this screen i decided to buy one and it came today.
For the money its a very good screen,colours were a bit washed out,a few tinkers with some settings and it looking great,pics up soon..;);););)

Soldato
Well ive just got a 32" tv and the 27.5" Hanns dont look much smaller at all, look.......

dscf08781268639.jpg

Soldato
Ive found out if you select "Fit" in the menu of the Hanns-G all the games and the bios screen that are non widescreen do not stretch to fill the sceen. Plus you dont have to use the gpu's option either.

thats heaven for pc users as I hate non widescreen games being stretch with a widescreen display

Associate
Seems im unlucky with this monitor.

Purchased on 17th Dec 2010. Still awaiting a repair/replacment from "Repairtech". Does not help DPDs "2 day Service" from collection taking 2 weeks, damn thing only got sent by them last wednesday and thats after repeated calls to repairtech.

So hope when you do get one of these there is nothing wrong with it.

Its a Joke. Not happy.

The 20 mins I got to use it, its a smart monitor lol

Associate
I got myself one of these babies back in Oct '09, and it's run perfectly until the last couple days.

Whenever I've turned the monitor off, it oftimes refuses to come back on. Power wise, the light's blue, and it'll register an image for a few seconds before going black. Then it seems the longer I leave it off and turn it on again, the longer I can do something on the comp before it disappears.

After a few hours it'll come on and work alright, but there is some serious colour distortion. E.g: These forums, the royal blue is flickering as though I can see through the monitor into the cabling behind, lol.

I got hold of HannsG and am in the process of setting up an RMA for a replacement. Will inform of how it goes, as customer service for something this cheap worries me.

Associate
Small update. Contacted Tech support via e-mail and explained the problem, they've arranged a pick up for the monitor tomorrow (no replacement) for repair. According to the lovely lady I spoke to on the phone, it should take no more than a day or two, but we'll have to wait and see.

Disappointed that I won't be given a replacement or anything to tide me over, as I'll be left monitor-less.

We'll see how it plays out.

Associate
Thought to reply to this thread as I just received this Hanns G HZ281 monitor today. Up until now I have been working on a Macbook Pro 13" so you could say it is quite the monitor upgrade! (it fits about 4 times in there)
Unfortunately my new OC gaming rig only arrives on Monday (ordered screen elsewhere, offer was too good) so I can't actually test this beast yet (no Mini Display cable). Let's just hope I have no dead pixels but first impressions are certainly good so far.
How is the monitor treating everyone who's had it for a while now?

Permabanned
RepairTech deal with hannsg warranty claims. you better hope nothing goes wrong because your going to have a lot of fun dealing with that lot.

have i been happy with my hannsg screens - yes until one broke down.

would i buy a hannsg product again - not while repairtech are covering the warranty claims for hannsg.

stay away. just google some info on repairtech.

Associate
Thanks to this post I decided to buy this monitor however...

When I decrease the brightness on this monitor it goes from being completely silent to emitting a buzzing sound.

The monitor is fantastic otherwise with a massive beautiful picture but I CANNOT leave this monitor at full brightness or my risk of skin cancer will rise dramatically!

What I really need to find out is if this is the way they all are or if mine is duff so I would really like to ask your help if you are reading this and have this monitor (Hanns-G HZ281HPB).

It might well be your PC or other background noise might make the buzzing unnoticable to you so if put the monitor at full brightness (you might need sunglasses for this step) and then put you ear to the top of the monitor (where the noise is most audible) and then turn your brightness down to see if you start to hear a buzzing noise.

I don't have long to return this monitor via 7 day distance selling regulations if they say it is tough luck with the noise so any help with this would be very welcomed!

I am about to phone Repair Tech and see what they have to say but I am not going to hold my breath for any useful information - for that I think this thread will be best.

Associate
Hey, just got this monitor and I have a question.
I'm planning to use this with my xbox.
The menu is a nightmare to use. I want to set it to keep the xbox 1080p aspect ratio(with black borders) and not stretch the image.
I have changed the aspect ratio to fit in the menu but I must have done something wrong as the image is still stretched. :(

Associate
How is the monitor treating everyone who's had it for a while now?
I bought this monitor in May 2010 and posted the first review on the product page. My opinion has not changed. This is still a great TN monitor. No buzzing, no backlight bleed, good colours (for a TN), great for gaming.
Having said all of that, I decided it was time to get an IPS monitor last week so I ordered the Hazro HZ27WC. I will be keeping my Hanns G as a backup just in case the Hazro fails.

Last edited:
Associate
I have changed the aspect ratio to fit in the menu but I must have done something wrong as the image is still stretched. :(
I tried connecting my PS3 to it and had the same problem. Changing the aspect ratio to fit had no effect whatsoever. In the end I gave up and left the PS3 plugged into my TV instead. I only use my PC on the Hanns G.

Back
Top Bottom