Hanns.G HZ281HPB 27.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Soldato
Getting one of these very shortly but just noticed the large Green LED power light :eek: Does that distract when you watch a movie or play a game in the dark as it looks pretty bright in the pics????

Soldato
OP
Getting one of these very shortly but just noticed the large Green LED power light :eek: Does that distract when you watch a movie or play a game in the dark as it looks pretty bright in the pics????

LOL using it for 3 days now and never noticed it until i read the above and looked down:p
It's very dull the green light

Associate
As BigBruiserAl said, that green light is very dull indeed. However, now that you've reminded him that it's there he will probably be distracted by it. You've ruined his enjoyment now :)
What's worse is that you've ruined it for me as well. I keep looking for that bloody light. Why did you have to mention it??

Seriously though, the light is not a problem.

And yes, I also prefer this to my old Sammy 226bw now that I've got the colours looking right.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cool thanks for the replies guys getting one on payday in the next 2 weeks! Had to ask as some modern PC hardware comes with ultra bright LED lights which usually need a bluetack mask!!!

Associate
OK ppl i found a major flaw in the monitor!!!! due to the 27.5" screen i have come into work now and typing on this 15" screen is giving me Raggggge!:mad::D;):p
I've found a serious problem too.

The "Certified for Windows Vista" sticker on the right side of the bezel is not lined up correctly with the "Eco Friendly" sticker above it. It's not quite level. I had to stare at it for a few minutes before I noticed it.

Also, I've checked the menus but I can't find the "Enable self dusting bezel" option. It looks like I'm expected to remove the dust manually.
I expected so much more for £280.

Should I RMA it? :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've found a serious problem too.

Also, I've checked the menus but I can't find the "Enable self dusting bezel" option. It looks like I'm expected to remove the dust manually.
I expected so much more for £280.

Should I RMA it? :)

Ah the self dusting bezel management is a optional extra mate, i went for this option but its very expensive. It cost me 1 dimond ring, a mercedes benz and life time subscription. I do have to say i get complmenary gift on xmas and birthdays :p;):D

Associate
Ah the self dusting bezel management is a optional extra mate, i went for this option but its very expensive. It cost me 1 dimond ring, a mercedes benz and life time subscription. I do have to say i get complmenary gift on xmas and birthdays :p;):D
Thanks for the warning. I'll opt for a duster and a can of Mr Sheen and forego the birthday/xmas presents. :)

On a more serious note, I've submitted something to the HZ281HPB product review page. Nothing fancy, just a brief summary of what we've already written in this thread. No one else has posted a review yet so I decided to do it, seeing as we're both very pleased with this monitor. (The review is not there yet. Still pending approval.)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
takes a couple of days and the review will show. Another tip i just found is in the user menu there is a part that gives you settings like user defined,cool,warm wich refers to the colours changed to user defined with a brightnes of 50 and holy moly its looks loads better IMO

Associate
Would you guys say it's worth a step up from a Sammy 24' ? I'm absolutely itching to buy one of these glassy love machines.
Moving up from a 22" 1680x1050 to 27.5" 1920x1200 was a big step for me and I noticed the benefits straight away.

I'm guessing that you're currently running at 1920x1080 on your 24" so the improvement isn't going to be massive. Is it worth upgrading? I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd been thinking of going for the Iiyama B2712HDS but having seen a fair few people happy with their Hanns.G i'm leaning towards going for one of them instead.

Could anyone tell me if it does 1:1 pixel mapping with 1080p via HDMI or is it stretched? Anyone tried any other video resolutions? 720p, 576i/p? (Not sure I'd ever feed it either but nice to know how it handles it)

Ta

Soldato
OP
I'd been thinking of going for the Iiyama B2712HDS but having seen a fair few people happy with their Hanns.G i'm leaning towards going for one of them instead.

Could anyone tell me if it does 1:1 pixel mapping with 1080p via HDMI or is it stretched? Anyone tried any other video resolutions? 720p, 576i/p? (Not sure I'd ever feed it either but nice to know how it handles it)

Ta

Not sure what the above means but if there is anything i can try out for you ill be happy to help. My xbox is connected to it as well as my pc and it auto detecs which in use awesome :D

Back
Top Bottom