Hanns.G HZ281HPB 27.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Associate
The only reason I bought the Hanns G over the Iiyama B2712HDS was the resolution. If the Iiyama was 1900x1200 then I would have bought that one, no question. It gets very good reviews.
It really depends upon how much importance you place on having a higher resolution.

Soldato
The monitor will be mainly for gaming, then the Internet. Don't need to watch any films as I have a Panny for that :)

I am worred that the distance I will be sitting from the monitor is only 2ft away if that???

Last edited:
Associate
Well I got mine today and set it up, and I must say I absolutely ADORE it :) Really suiting my setup.

29296_426853710489_611905489_592944.jpg

Soldato
I took a road trip today to OcUK and picked up one of these monitors, and the first thing I said after setting it up in oh my God, how big is this compared to my tiny 19" Samsung :eek:

At the moment I am tinkering with the settings, at the moment, its too bright and I have noticed that it is lighter at the bottom of the screen than the top?

One thing to mention is NO dead pixels, which is always a concern when buying a new monitor :)

Edit - I have found a dead green pixel on the screen. I rubbed over it and it has disappeared. It came back a few moments later, but I have managed to get rid of it again, so far its not returned, but is there anything else I can do in the settings?

Last edited:
Associate
I have noticed that it is lighter at the bottom of the screen than the top?
It should not be lighter at the bottom. One of the first things I noticed was the lack of backlight bleed and the uniformity of screen brightness.
I know that this is a stupid question and I apologise in advance for asking it but... Could it be the viewing angle? Are you looking at it square on?

I would be slightly concerned about the dodgy green pixel but there's not really anything you can do in the settings to fix it.
Perhaps BigBruiserAl could offer some advice.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am looking at the screen full on, and have changed the settings some what, and I am now using Colour setting to User, and R, G and B values set to 75.

I have got a copy of Jscreen fix deluxe, which has help with the stuck pixel.

Soldato
Its not completely dead, so there is a chance of fixing it. Plus its not in the centre of screen its on the edge of the left side of the monitor. I can just see it in the corner of my eye. If I hadn't had have a black screen pop up when loading a game, I don't think I would have noticed it.

Now its where I look all the time :rolleyes:

Associate
I'm disappointed for you MysticSniper.
The previous comments in this thread (including mine) have been very positive for the Hanns G. All of those good reviews don't mean a thing if you've ended up with a less-than-perfect monitor. :(

Soldato
OP
The previous comments in this thread (including mine) have been very positive for the Hanns G. All of those good reviews don't mean a thing if you've ended up with a less-than-perfect monitor. :(

TBH mate dead/stuck pixles can happen from a £100 - £10,000 screen is just the way there made at the moment. a lot of websites have policy's which state you can not send it back as faulty unless there is more then xx amount of pixles. In veiw of this is really shouldt put you off any monitor is just a pitfall of buying and shouldt be a negative comment :). Get one online and cover yourself with the DSR ;)

Soldato

Its not as bad as that, as its more of a stuck pixel than a dead one. I have been using JScreenFix Deluxe and after about 10 mins, the stuck pixel is fine and goes, but it does come back every time I start the computer up. I would be more miffed if it was in the center of the screen, than at the side.

The monitor is really good, and I would recommened one of these to anyone

A picture of mine

dscf1564q.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Associate
A picture of mine
I see you have a trusty G15 keyboard the same as me.
I have also noticed that, like most of the pictures I've seen (including mine), it doesn't really convey the true size of this monitor. It looks a lot bigger "in the flesh" so to speak.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a Sammy 24" monitor that i am very happy with, i can't quite justify getting this at the moment. But i will deffo keep an eye out for this.

And for some reason the monitor doesn't look that much bigger in the photos than my Samsung 24B monitor!

Soldato
So tempted to buy one of these new ones. Not keen on the green thing on them though, if it weren't for that they'd match apart from the logo would say Hannspree on the old one. :(

They're close enough I suppose...

Back
Top Bottom