Hanns.G HZ281HPB 27.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Soldato
A couple of questions for any owners out there:

What are the height and width of the screen?

Can it be easily wall mounted or maybe on a stand?

Thinking of running two of these and two existing 19" screen off two pc's...

Associate
What are films and dark scenes like on this monitor?

I have the HG281D and im currently on my 4th replacement monitor from HannsG and although the last technician i spoke to said this monitor was 'perfect' im still getting this same irritating 'negative effect' and the top and bottom of the screen making dark scenes impossible to view.

Anyone getting anything like this on the HZ281HPB?

Man of Honour
A couple of questions for any owners out there:

What are the height and width of the screen?

Can it be easily wall mounted or maybe on a stand?

Thinking of running two of these and two existing 19" screen off two pc's...

I have mine on a wall mounted arm with no problems. The height is 442mm and width is 650mm inc bezel.

I have the HG281D and im currently on my 4th replacement monitor from HannsG and although the last technician i spoke to said this monitor was 'perfect' im still getting this same irritating 'negative effect' and the top and bottom of the screen making dark scenes impossible to view.

Have'nt watched a film on mine yet but dark scenes in games are good. No light bleed at all and colours are good now i have tweaked the settings.

Soldato
Thinking of getting a new monitor in the summer to replace my cheap Yuraku 24" monitor. :p

Was thinking of a Dell 24" or the HP 24" but I'm half-tempted by this Hanns.G model. Does this Hanns.G monitor have a height adjustable stand? That's what I lack on my Yuraku and what I want my next monitor to have. :)

Soldato
Thanks pastymuncher. :) I could get a wall mounting kit but I might want to move my room around in the summer. Then another problem, potentially, is that my bedroom walls are plastered and I seriously doubt that the walls would be strong enough to take a monitor. :(

Looks like I'm back to the Dell v HP conundrum. :p

Soldato

i get that on my Hannspree 28"....

Associate
I have to add to this, and say that you should be very cautious.

My monitor was with Hanns G for 6 weeks, It was returned today and the HDMI input was DOA. The HDMI input was fine before the repair so they managed to break it in the repair process ??

When I phoned them they offer to take it for repair again, or that I could wait for a replacement and use DVI input for now. Dreading another 6 weeks wait I decided to wait for a replacement. Which kinda amazes me as well that they do not have a spare of their own monitor. Eitherway there was no time estimate on the replacement.

And this evening 2 large vertical lines about an inch width each appeared on the screen.

All within 12 hours of the monitor being returned from the repair shop. Just a joke really.

Going to phone again tomorrow and tell them to take it back AGAIN as it is in worse shape than it was in when it was first sent for repair.

Worst costumer services I have ever dealt with.

Last edited:
Associate
How long it took them to respond to your RMA request?
I've found them to be pretty quick. Send a webnote in the morning, you tend to get a reply a few hours later. Recently, trying to get through to their phone support is rather painful, you can be waiting around 30 minutes, this wasn't the case when i first contacted them... obviously a lot of people are having problems with their monitors.

The biggest problem with HannsG is that the tests their technicians are running on the monitors before they send them back do not work :mad:

The last monitor i had from them wasn't too bad, still faulty but bearable. Then a technician called me up to tell me they had a monitor which were in his words 'perfect'. I was in two minds whether to go for this 'perfect monitor' so i questioned him about it for some time - I always assumed that the problem i was having was backlight bleed, but he told me that it was something called 'Shadowing' although i have been unable to find out anything about this on google.

Anyway this is the quality of this so called 'perfect' screen, i am totally gutted that i believed him:

Personally I would be very wary about buying a HannsG monitor if you are planning to watch films or games with..... how can i put this: with any black :(

I recently discovered that to get rid of the problem at the top, the ideal viewing angle for this screen is to position your eyes about 6 inches from the top left corner of the monitor :eek:

Last edited:
Permabanned
Finally they came back to me and my rma has started. Considering that I bought my current monitor more than 2 years ago am hoping to fetch the newer version now:D

Associate
hanns g

picked up one of these the other day, given it a few days before i posted this.
no problems to report here, no bleed, no bad pixels, once colour contrast and brightness was set up it looks mint.

only problem i had was getting it on the back seat of the car to bring home :D

i gotta say , bc2 and the MOH beta are a pleasure to play on this.

just wondering if others who have had one of these a while are still happy and have had no problems?

Back
Top Bottom