Hannspree HG324QJB 32" 1440p 144hz Adaptive Sync

Associate
I've gone from 1440p on a 27" screen to the 32" Hannspree and I have to say I love it!

You could argue that the picture is a little "softer" but thats to be expected and in my eyes it's absolutely fine and I've got used to it already!

I have heard a few people use the same description but i am still not 100% sure what softer means as i have never experienced it myself.

Caporegime
Considering snagging one of these to see what the hoopla about 144hz is all about.

I have heard a few people use the same description but i am still not 100% sure what softer means as i have never experienced it myself.

Presumably not quite as sharp, like how some screens display lower res vs their native res.

Soldato
Presumably not quite as sharp, like how some screens display lower res vs their native res.

Precisely this - the number of pixels is just the same but the screen is bigger - so each pixel is bigger (read-> less sharp) - but for me the bigger screen is noticeable whereas the very slight loss of definition (in my eyes anyway!) is barely noticeable!

I'd definitely recommend the Hannspree - the red at the bottom of the screen and on the stand look great imo - although I've turned off the RGB lighting to the rear as I found it a bit much!

Soldato
I'd imagine both a 1070 and 2080 would work just fine with this monitor - I've got a 970 until my new Vega 56 arrives next week (hopefully anyway!) and it looks great!

The only thing to consider is that this screen is Freesync rather that Gsync so probably better paired with an AMD card as opposed to Nvidia!

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I'm not too fussed about G-sync but it seems to be a good balance between cost and performance. Shame there's no 27" version.

Associate
Worth getting if you have a 1070ti?
I had same doubt and gave a try. so far I did not need to lower any settings in game, and I disabled AA.. metro last night redux, b1, wolfenstein II, coh2, rise of t.r... the witcher is the only one runnig with "low" fps, around 60-70, with drops to 44.. I'm pretty satisfied!

Associate
Is anyone noticing any kind of lag when dragging/moving/resizing windows around? It does not happen all the time, I might move a window now and it's fine and 5 seconds later starts do chop. Steam window moves just fine for example, and seconds later if I try again stats do lag/chop a lot. It was not happening with the old monitor, so I guess is related to the new one?

Associate
Is anyone noticing any kind of lag when dragging/moving/resizing windows around? It does not happen all the time, I might move a window now and it's fine and 5 seconds later starts do chop. Steam window moves just fine for example, and seconds later if I try again stats do lag/chop a lot. It was not happening with the old monitor, so I guess is related to the new one?
It seems this monitor is not properly capable of 144Hz, at least there might be a number of them in a batch that aren't. Mine also stutters at 144Hz (dragging windows around and in video playback) but it's fine at 120Hz. I haven't ruled out things like DP cable problems though or trying HDMI instead of DP.

Associate
It seems this monitor is not properly capable of 144Hz, at least there might be a number of them in a batch that aren't. Mine also stutters at 144Hz (dragging windows around and in video playback) but it's fine at 120Hz.

True. At 120hz works fine. This is sad. Gonna try a DP cable then. Dunno if it is going to change anything but I'll try..

Soldato
I'd imagine both a 1070 and 2080 would work just fine with this monitor - I've got a 970 until my new Vega 56 arrives next week (hopefully anyway!) and it looks great!

The only thing to consider is that this screen is Freesync rather that Gsync so probably better paired with an AMD card as opposed to Nvidia!

Running vega56 GPU myself, looking at getting this monitor after xmass.

Do they work well paired up.

Associate
Hi, I have an Nvidia 1060 3gb, will plan to upgrade to 1080 sometime next year, but I need a new monitor now, and I really like the look on this one.
Can my video card run it decent till I change it?
Thx for any info.

Associate
It seems this monitor is not properly capable of 144Hz, at least there might be a number of them in a batch that aren't. Mine also stutters at 144Hz (dragging windows around and in video playback) but it's fine at 120Hz. I haven't ruled out things like DP cable problems though or trying HDMI instead of DP.

Just to post an update. Bought a DP 1.4 Certified cable, that is the second try. 1st was a £9 cable, the second is a £24 cable. The lag when moving windows around has gone so far. Let's see if it will come back!

Associate
Just to post an update. Bought a DP 1.4 Certified cable, that is the second try. 1st was a £9 cable, the second is a £24 cable. The lag when moving windows around has gone so far. Let's see if it will come back!
I think I've spotted the 24 quid cable you're on about and I'm going to invest in one myself if it does the trick.

Associate
I think I've spotted the 24 quid cable you're on about and I'm going to invest in one myself if it does the trick.

NO DON'T! Last night was fine, this morning the "problem" is back. Maybe was the same situation, it does not happen all the time and for some reason last night it did not happen, but now this lag thingy is back. Got windows to work at 120hz, no problem cause while gaming it stays at 144hz anyway.

Associate
Hi all, thank god i have found this forum. I am really hoping that you guys can help me out after days of trying to sort out my issue. I have brought this monitor but when it is set at it`s native resolution, it will not run at 144hz. Even in the Windows Display settings, i cannot change it. When i click the monitor tab for the list of resolutions, it only give me 60 or 100hz. If i change the resolution to 1920x1080, then the 144hz option is there. I have brought a brand new 1.2 DP cable but that has done nothing. Adaptive Sync is on and FreeSync is enabled in the AMD settings. I did click custom resolutions and changed the refresh rate in there but is said that my monitor was not compatible with that refresh rate. I have call Overclockers and Hannspree and neither could help. I have a Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro, so i think the card is ok. This is the last roll of the dice before i send it back.

Associate
Hi all, thank god i have found this forum. I am really hoping that you guys can help me out after days of trying to sort out my issue. I have brought this monitor but when it is set at it`s native resolution, it will not run at 144hz. Even in the Windows Display settings, i cannot change it. When i click the monitor tab for the list of resolutions, it only give me 60 or 100hz. If i change the resolution to 1920x1080, then the 144hz option is there. I have brought a brand new 1.2 DP cable but that has done nothing. Adaptive Sync is on and FreeSync is enabled in the AMD settings. I did click custom resolutions and changed the refresh rate in there but is said that my monitor was not compatible with that refresh rate. I have call Overclockers and Hannspree and neither could help. I have a Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro, so i think the card is ok. This is the last roll of the dice before i send it back.

Not sure if dp1.2 if capable of 144hz 2560x1444, did you Google about it? Try other cable, a hdmi 2.0 would work at 144hz for example just to check if you get 144hz listed down..

EDIT

yes dp 1.2 supports 144hz just googled it to check

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom