Hannspree HG324QJB 32" 1440p 144hz Adaptive Sync

Soldato
Running vega56 GPU myself, looking at getting this monitor after xmass.

Do they work well paired up.

They work a treat so far - although I did have to replace the displayport cable because of some flickering within windows - advice I received elsewhere saod that the AMD cards are a bit more "sensitive" compared to the Nvidia cards!

Hi, I have an Nvidia 1060 3gb, will plan to upgrade to 1080 sometime next year, but I need a new monitor now, and I really like the look on this one.
Can my video card run it decent till I change it?
Thx for any info.

This monitor ran just fine on my GTX970 so I'd imagine a 1060 will do just fine!

Associate
I also have this monitor a few days now came from a 27inch 4k to this and have got used to it quite quickly . Runs at the 144hz with no problem using a 1080TI.

Associate
Hi, thanks for your reply. Apparently, from what i have read, 1.2 will support 165hz @2560x1440 and HDMI will do 144hz @ 1080. Even when using the cable that came with the monitor, i cannot get the 144hz option, really frustrating me as i don`t want to send the monitor back for overclockers to find no fault but i do feel i have done everything i can.

Associate
Hi, thanks for your reply. Apparently, from what i have read, 1.2 will support 165hz @2560x1440 and HDMI will do 144hz @ 1080. Even when using the cable that came with the monitor, i cannot get the 144hz option, really frustrating me as i don`t want to send the monitor back for overclockers to find no fault but i do feel i have done everything i can.

Looks like it's a case of sending back.. have you tried a hmdi 2.0 or 2.1?

They work a treat so far - although I did have to replace the displayport cable because of some flickering

I've got same thing over dp with the cable supplied.. do you get a kind of choppy movement when dragging/resizing a window when at 144hz? Steam, windows explorer..

Original cable didn't work, got a second cable which got stuck in the DP port of the monitor and I had to tear down the connector.. I'm having a great experience with this monitor :D
PE9XGAC.jpg

Associate
No, i have not tried HDMI as i had read that they only do 144hz at 1920X1080 plus i had already brought a new DP cable. I have decided to return it. As for choppy movement @144hz, i cant say as i do not have the option for 144hz.

Associate
I noticed that others have also run into the ghosting issue, is there anything that could aid/fix it?
Black trails are present in the UFO test on both Standard and Advanced response time settings, On Ultra Fast however the black trail is also accompanied with other brighter colours.

Last edited:
Associate
Well, took the monitor back to Overclockers and they tested it and could not get to 144hz, only 60hz or 100hz. Told me that the panel was probably faulty, did i want a refund or a replacement, i had a replacement, got it home, set it up and, it`s the bloody same, only 100hz ffs. Either a faulty batch or the panel will only do 100hz at native.

Soldato
just got mine (not from OCUK) first impressions are good.

It looks waaaay better than the photos sitting on a desk. Initial picture looked good, and i selected 144hz no isssues. Really not ure about the curve... just seems a gimmick

Going to try a game now

Soldato
ok after testing some more with games im satisfied, ive never had a good monitor so dont have much to compare with but the picture it produces seems very good, way better than my old 1080p samsung. Id rather not have the curve, but it is what it is.

Anyone put off by the styling, trust me looks really much better in person.

Going from 60hz to 144hz was not as amazing as i expected, noticeable for sure but i think people might have over stated it.

Associate
ok after testing some more with games im satisfied, ive never had a good monitor so dont have much to compare with but the picture it produces seems very good, way better than my old 1080p samsung. Id rather not have the curve, but it is what it is.

Anyone put off by the styling, trust me looks really much better in person.

Going from 60hz to 144hz was not as amazing as i expected, noticeable for sure but i think people might have over stated it.

No, all is working fine this end, sorry to hear about your issues

I agree it looks better in person the pictures do it no justice. I would say that because its a 32 inch panel you loss a bit of that 144hz Quality .Had mine a week now and am pleased with it for the price. Also so i came from 6ohz 4K and got used to it okay.

Back
Top Bottom