Associate
Hardware Canucks recently released a video on the topic of Ryzen and memory. They talk about memory ranks, number of sticks, timings, speed, latency, the infinity fabric, the memory controller. The list goes on but its simple enough and presented in an easy to follow format.

Associate
OP
I was surprised to see that they were able to go above 4000mhz memory with 1.1 ratio on IF with several CPUs without errors. I know they said it was largely down to the motherboards they were using, but it’s encouraging to see the improvements being made.

Soldato
I was surprised to see that they were able to go above 4000mhz memory with 1.1 ratio on IF with several CPUs without errors. I know they said it was largely down to the motherboards they were using, but it’s encouraging to see the improvements being made.
I haven’t watched this. But did they test the ram thoroughly?

a lot of these OC aren’t technically stable. Some just bench with R20 on a few loops and some only does a few in game benchmark mode. And others will loop 3D mark tests and call it a day.

most reviewers or content creators don’t have the time to run memtest86 thoroughly as they will be there for days and weeks just for a 5min long video. Not great pay back.

Back
Top Bottom