Hardware causing stutters in games?

Associate
Hello guys,
I'm not entirely sure that this is the right place where to post this, if it is, then I do apologise and ask an admin to move to the right section please.

Right I've been digging around google but I have not found a solution to my issue.
Issue being - every 20 to 30 seconds I get stutters in every single game, which is an fps drop by around 50% making the game freeze for less than a second.

Starting with specs-
i9-9900k
2080ti
16gb ddr4 3200mhz ram
2 tb m.2 ssd
850w gold plus psu.

What I've done so far -
Completely removed everything to do with NVidia, tried the newest and older drivers.
Disabled freesync on my gsync compatible monitor.
Reverted the overclocks on my gpu.
Monitored the temps - cpu not exceeding 55c and gpu sitting at a cosy 68c.
Monitored the usage - cpu at 20% ram 55% and gpu at 40% while playing a game like world of warships.

Has anyone encountered an issue like this?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Associate
OP
Depending on the game, I've had this with Gpu usage being 100% and memory leaks. It would also be worth checking the frametimes as this can be attributed to stuttering.
well like in World of warships, I'm at 145fps constantly and then every 20 or something seconds it drops down to 75 and bounces right back up, which causes the stutter.

Associate
OP
Boot msi ab and make sure it's showing on the graph. Play a game and see what the average is.
https://ibb.co/h73jV1T so after one match of warships, you can see that gpu usage drops every 7 squares and that is when the stutter occurs. It would be thermal throttling but gpu doesn't exceed 68c.
In regards to fps, it averages 145 with those sudden dips down to 75 as being the lowest.

Associate
OP
Yeah, basically I used 3 gpus with the system I've got, and everytime I changed it, all i did was remove the main part of the driver, nothing else, slapped new gpu in and installed the driver again. DDU cleaned everything out even from the registry and it fixed the stutter. :)

Back
Top Bottom