Harry Maguire - Banged up Abroad

Caporegime
Suspended sentence, may as well not bother.

No fine? Why no fine, after all he's filthy rich and the Captain of Man United don't you know who he is?

Saying that any fine would be like me getting fined 25p but at least it'd be something.

fez

fez

Caporegime
The classic nearly 3 years in prison or an apology sentence. Perhaps that tells you something about the Greek justice system. Perhaps a grovelling apology would be worth 6 years of prison time.

Caporegime
He's keeping the utd captains armband

wow what a role model for your club

Stevie G chinned a DJ for not playing his favourite tune and captained the club for years after. Cleared in court of assault but the punch was right there on CCTV footage.

I think it's about time we stopped pretending that most footballers are role models. Until they actually prove themselves to be outside of just playing the game well.

Last edited:
Don
Stevie G chinned a DJ for not playing his favourite tune and captained the club for years after. Cleared in court of assault but the punch was right there on CCTV footage.
CCTV footage also showed the DJ making a lunging motion towards Gerrard, who acted in self-defence by chinning the DJ :p

Man of Honour
I still feel like we don't have anything close to the full story here. I'm reserving judgement for now, and I have no real love for Maguire either so it's nothing to do with that.

Don
Tony Adams did prison time and still ended up as captain for both Arsenal and Englands.
Yea but Arsenal supporters hadn't spent years on their high horse complaining about other clubs & supporters defending their players. Utd can't now stand by Maguire after he's attacked the police and attempted to bribe his way out of trouble. But then again they did when Schmeichel racially abused Ian Wright, when Cantona kicked the Palace fan, when Evra attacked the Chelsea groundsmen and Ferdinand decided he wasn't going to take a drugs test.
Ah that's okay then LMAO
You laugh but that's what got him off. Gerrard's mate had elbowed him as they were walking away and the DJ then lunged towards them - Gerrard's defence successfully argued that he was acting in self-defence as he believed the DJ was attacking him.

edit: IIRC Anton Ferdinand claimed self-defence when he punched some guy, after the guy looked at his watch :D

Don
I think that's a bit of a jump. Some will be and Joey Barton certainly falls into that category but most aren't. You have to remember that any high profile person and in particular footballers will be subjected to all sorts of abuse and provocation when they go out. From time to time they'll react to it like any human would.

Don
You believe that he was randomly taken to a police station instead of a hospital and the Greek police randomly decided to attack him? :confused:

edit: the only part of his story that sounded believable was that he didn't know they were police (which might explain why he got physical with them) but what caused the initial confrontation remains to be seen. I highly doubt the police just decided to attack him though. Whatever your views on Greek police, I don't think they just go around attacking people.

Last edited:
Soldato
You believe that he was randomly taken to a police station instead of a hospital and the Greek police randomly decided to attack him? :confused:

edit: the only part of his story that sounded believable was that he didn't know they were police (which might explain why he got physical with them) but what caused the initial confrontation remains to be seen. I highly doubt the police just decided to attack him though. Whatever your views on Greek police, I don't think they just go around attacking people.

The police don't just go around attacking, most of them just shoot people.

Back
Top Bottom