Has anyone been to Alton Towers lately?

beh

beh

Associate
I went on the last Friday in April, before the bank holiday weekend. Twas a good day, never queued more than half an hour for anything.

The Shortcut tickets will certainly be worthwhile on a weekend.

Despite its age, Nemisis is still a top ride. Air was an interesting experience but its slowness makes it not so thrilling. Rita was much better than I expected for what appeared to be a fairly ordinary looking ride. The drop on oblivion is as good as always and the best single moment on any ride at AT imo (edit: me, front row, 5th from the left - http://www.andyuk.org/oblivion.jpg ).

hf :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Creature said:
Spinball Wizzer is not fun when you're about a milimetre under the heigh requirement, and i've grown since I last went :(

I went two weeks ago and I noticed on the web site that there were height restirictions! I wanted a go on Spinball Wizzer but I was not allowed. Anyone over 6'5" needs to look out!

I like the new queing system though, basically four queues for the big rides, one standard which later splits into fornt only and standard, one for express ticket holders (basically misses out 2/3 of the queue) and one for singles.

The singles queue is cool, you just have to make a new friend to ride with! Basically you join a very short queue and whenever there is a space on the ride they get a single to fill it. Worked very well on Rita which is a fine ride in my opinion.

Associate
nands said:
I went two weeks ago and I noticed on the web site that there were height restirictions! I wanted a go on Spinball Wizzer but I was not allowed. Anyone over 6'5" needs to look out!

They never let me on that either :(

Soldato
OP
Thanks for everyones advice, we both had a great weekend! The GF was very happy when she clocked on we were going after she noticed the AT road signs enroute :)

We both decided AIR was our favourite.
Obllivion was a little.. err, over-too-soon?
I was too tall for Spinball Whizzer :(
I was sat next to a loon (god she was going mental!) on Rita (the GF didn't want to go on).
We also queued about 45mins for the new charlie and the chocolate factory ride to be told it had broken down when we were near the front! :mad:

Overall it was excellent though, we'll be going again very soon.

Hope all that are going have fun next week! :D

Man of Honour
Captain Planet said:
Hope all that are going have fun next week! :D

*looks at clock...*

This week... :eek:

Glad you had fun - really looking forward to it myself now. :D
Still prefer Nemesis to Air though.

Simon/~Flibster

Back
Top Bottom