Has anyone else not had the 2004 update yet ?

Soldato
I have given it a go, but had to go back to 1909 because the screen wouldnt turn off after xx amont of mins and pc would not go to sleep on its own either.

Soldato
I have an ageing Lenovo Yoga 13 laptop (ideapad) and it has a notice on the Windows update page saying "2004 not ready for your device yet" - will it ever be? I think that there are no up to date sound drivers or touchpad / trackpad drivers. Will it ever update I wonder? It's a few years old now. Clicked on "check for updates" but it wont install.

Mel

Soldato
I have an ageing Lenovo Yoga 13 laptop (ideapad) and it has a notice on the Windows update page saying "2004 not ready for your device yet" - will it ever be? I think that there are no up to date sound drivers or touchpad / trackpad drivers. Will it ever update I wonder? It's a few years old now. Clicked on "check for updates" but it wont install.

Mel

Mine said that, however I downloaded 2004 version to USB and it installed fine.

Soldato
My laptop is a Yoga 13 Ideapad Type 2191. Is this the same as yours? Thanks, Mel

Nope, an old gaming desktop PC (2011) I built. I'm updating an even older Samsung Laptop at the moment (had Win7 OS when I first purchased it then I installed Win8/8.1 and finally Win10 over the years), which is at 86% complete at the moment for 2004 version :) .

I don't expect any problems :) .

I do like latest Win10 OS installation on USB, always handy to have around for future etc....

I have all my important files on backup drives so never worry about install issues.

Last time I had issues was when it did not like my third party anti-virus software which I had to uninstall for Win10 OS install to complete the upgrade ,but that seems to have been fixed in recent builds (FYI Bitdefender free version).

Last edited:
Soldato
Just found 2004 borked my soundcard drivers (Soundblaster AE-9). Updated the driver and all seems to be well again. Fingers crossed it stays that way...

Well my laptop went sort of OK, it broke my Bitdefender free AV (desktop PC was fine with Bitdefender free version on upgrade), so I had two options with my laptop ie reinstall Bitdefender or remove it and use Microsoft Defender AV(which is what I did ).

Minor hiccup but nothing that can't be fixed.

Soldato
Interesting three issues in that link, however I don't use either of those, mine for bluetooth is Qualcomm, AMD video card and I don't use Intel IGPU.

Seems stable so far :) .

I've not had any issues either. One Intel 3570k machine and one Ryzen 3700x machine.

One bug I have noticed is to do with hidden files. You have to disable hidden files twice to deactivate it. The first time doesn't seem to stick. It's reproducible every time as well.

Associate
I had problems with USB devices disconnecting and Asus Sync resetting which was resolved by removing Asus Armoury Crate and also Razer Synapse 3 software. Also noticed an issue with the Intel I225-V NIC random disconnects which was resolved with the latest Intel driver direct from them and not using the Asus provided one. In-fact I seem to be better off not using any Asus provided drivers since they are all behind the vendor supplied ones.

Anyone running 2004 should also apply KB4568831 as this addresses a lot of problem https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4568831

You also may want to disable disk Optimisation on any SSD as currently there is a bug in 2004 which resets the status to "Needs Optimisation" all the time and you can end up running it several times a day which is not ideal for SSD.

Back
Top Bottom