Has anyone else not had the 2004 update yet ?

Associate
I usually force the major releases but I heard many poor things about this 2004 update. So for now at least I shall leave it alone. By the time it's ok there will be another major one anyway.

Associate
The last windows update caused me problems making the audio and graphics judder like mad.
Had to reinstall windows whilst keeping my files, it would seem OK so far.

Associate
Mine tried to update from 1903 to 2004 and failed, then decided to install 1909 instead and now the 2004 update option has disappeared. :confused::)

Soldato
Stiil an issue on laptops (e.g. Lenovo and HP) with conexant sound drivers. Microsoft still "investigating". Annoying.

Soldato
i manually installed 2004 a couple of days ago, and have had random freezes.

it is still very buggy and cant tell what the new features or any improves up front.

so gone back to 1909 now. a fresh install might be the best.

Soldato
pc-guy - Did your machine have any of the "hold" features set out in the V2004 "more information" web page?
What do you mean by HOLD feature?

I was able to bring up more information web page. In total 16 items and quickly scrolled through them and didn’t see anything particular that can affect system in a random way.

Soldato
What do you mean by HOLD feature?

Microsoft has put a software hold on updating machines with Version 2004 if it will cause issues - e.g. the Conexant sound driver on my Lenovo laptop won't work in Version 2004 so Microsoft have stopped it updating to this version. You can of course manually force the update - but the sound probably won't work afterwards!

Soldato
Microsoft has put a software hold on updating machines with Version 2004 if it will cause issues - e.g. the Conexant sound driver on my Lenovo laptop won't work in Version 2004 so Microsoft have stopped it updating to this version. You can of course manually force the update - but the sound probably won't work afterwards!
It was shown as available to download and install. Thus I clicked to install. It was shown to be coming soon for a very long time previously.

Associate
Tomahawk B450 Max /Ryzen 7 3700x
Just a heads up chaps, I had terrible choppy sound and game play after the last windows updates.
So out of desperation I loaded the new bios and all seems well.
I even reinstalled windows but it was still choppy if i did not reset my PC a few times.
The bios update seems to have cured all, something to do with the storage drivers I guess.
Hope this helps some peep.

Soldato
Mine (Lenovo Yoga 13) says "Your device is not ready for version 2004…..etc - please wait ".
Mine said it was ready for install. But once installed the computer become unresponsive after roughly 2hrs of use. Quite regularly.

If I don’t have anything running it would be stable under stress test for ages. (Ram was tested in DOS and was completely fine after 4 passes).

Soldato
Mine said it was ready for install. But once installed the computer become unresponsive after roughly 2hrs of use. Quite regularly.
My laptop says its good, downloads, install's, restarts as part of the install and I get an 'Undoing previous update' screen that puts me on square one again. I'm basically just hoping the Nov update means i can skip 2004.

Soldato
Errors or issues during or after updating devices with Conexant ISST audio drivers - Devices with affected Conexant ISST audio drivers might receive an error or have issues with Windows 10, version 2004.

Investigating

Been a long time investigating - this hasn't been updated for ages! S0 annoying. Come on microsoft.

Soldato
Still in the same boat too. Have had a flurry of new drivers from HP but pretty much everything other than the Conexant one. Maybe they will fix Windows with the fall update rather than a new driver as it's working fine with my current build (1909).

Man of Honour
Most of my devices still don't have it available - popped up on one of my laptops recently but after the update just rolled back to the previous version with no input from me or any explanation and no longer shows it as available.

Man of Honour
My Envy has got it but I am pretty sure it did it when I upgraded it from home to pro:

All my other machines keep trying and failing.

Back
Top Bottom