1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone got a valid keycode for Deadspace please

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Numbnuts, 8 Nov 2009.

1. AMG

Mobster

lol, thats just wrong cracking games that you paid for :p

yeah EA do a de activation thing like the others have said

why phone them when you can drop them a web note?

2. uv

Sgarrista

No you don't. You can register the serial on EA Download Manager, as I've done with Mirror's Edge and Burnout.

All he has to do is raise a support ticket with EA, and they'll reset his activation limit. I've done the same with Crysis, Mirror's Edge, Burnout and FarCry with Ubisoft. Activation limits are the bane of my life, considering the number of HDD failures I've had!

3. Tefal

Capo Crimine

i do it with most of my retail games. means i don't have to bother with discs.

4. AMG

Mobster

point taken :p Dead space works without the CD for me :confused:

5. Fromez

Gangster

As others have said, just login to EA support and ask them to allow you to activate your serial key. They will be happy to oblige.

I've warmed to EA recently. All their recent games play without the disk (if you bought retail), and authorizations can be manually managed with their deauthorization tool, which is how DRM should be if it's forced on the customer.

Contrast that with Bioshock, a 2 year old game which STILL requires 3 different piracy checks and doesn't play without the disk in drive.

6. apeZ

Mobster

I really, really do not agree with EA's DRM, or DRM in general.

I buy a game. I play the game. No-one tells me how many times I can reinstall it, and I sure as hell am not footing a phone bill, nor waiting 3 days on their support for something I have paid for the privilege to play.

Maybe its just me. If I pay to go to the cinema to see a film, I don't expect them to stop it halfway through and go around checking everyones ticket. Nor do I expect to have to stop eating halfway through my lunch and have to show that I paid for it a few minutes earlier. It shouldn't be any different with games.

I'm against piracy, and I agree that developers should find ways to combat it, but when someone who has bought the game in a legit manner has limits on their installation and has to apparently jump through hoops to re-activate it, I seriously despair :/

7. Ant123

Gangster

This.

8. Fromez

Gangster

I'd agree, and have experienced waits reactivating my Test Drive Unlimited and Just Cause.

However, with EA it's different. Burnout Paradise and Mass Effect can be deauthorized by you from the Game Explorer menu in Vista, and for Dead Space you can download a deauthorization tool. This allows you to dis-activate all your games before you reformat your PC or add different parts, no interaction with EA support necessary.

If you deauthorize every time you need to, you shouldn't be caught in this situation. Computer failure is the only time where you can't control it, but that's hardly going to happen 5 times is it?

9. AMG

Mobster

farcry 2 does this, if you care its a bad game anyways :p

10. Dano

Sgarrista

So you'll be happy to spend a few hours locating, downloading and using de-authorisation tools in the future will you? (I've not got a single game where I can de-authorise from a readily available menu entry and have in both instances had to spend time attempting to locate the tool to download so my opinion here is a little biased...) And yes, it is likely to happen that five are lost due to failure given enough time.

It's a frankly stupid hoop to make genuine customers jump through, one that yet again the pirates don't have to do.

It is the pirates who should be punished and hassled, not the paying customer and until that becomes the defacto state of affairs then discussions on how DRM is handled will continue.

11. Numbnuts

Gangster

Good God, im being accused of all sorts here. Get a grip fellas i was only asking. Ok ill phone EA.
    Btw im not a scammer and i take great offense at this BS.
    To all the guys who have given decent answers, thanks for your help :)

12. Fromez

Gangster

I agree with your sentiments, but hours?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ea+deauthorize

I've downloaded the deauthorization tool of the applicable games and have them backed up. Does not take hours.

13. synixx

Wise Guy

Just send them an email on their support page. I ran out of installs for warhead and they gave me an extra install.

14. DB_SamX

Sgarrista

If all else fails, I have bought it from EA store but not even downloaded or even install it. If there's a way you can have my code, let me know how and I'll give it to you. I prob won't play it.

15. synixx

Wise Guy

i'm pretty sure that calling ea will work and i'm not sure if you can give ppl your cd keys.

Last edited: 10 Nov 2009
  16. Dano

Sgarrista

Last edited: 10 Nov 2009
  17. iviv

Soldato

Most of the time, people format their PC because something is wrong with it. Maybe there's a virus stopping internet activity?

Anyway, if I want to uninstall, I don't want to have to uninstall all of my games first, its a waste of time!

18. Fromez

Gangster

@ Dano

I've done it in the past and it's not taken hours.

@ iviv

You don't have to uninstall, I can deauthorize the 4 EA games I own with the tool in under a minute, no further uninstall needed.

EA's End User License Agreement on their site and Direct2Drive allows a one-time transfer to another person.

19. snowdog

Capodecina

Speak for yourself and tbh, you'd have to be stupid to buy the same game twice imo.
    The point is, a crack will make you able to play the game within 2 minutes of googling it. EA support might take hours or days...

Exactly.

20. Dano

Sgarrista

Where did I say it did?