Has anyone used a online dating agency?

Associate
I get these all the time from sites I used to be a member of I get a message from woman interested in me go to log in but my account has been closed, of course,Scam. :D

I also get messages at regular interval from another site, I contacted the woman who had sent me a message and she didn't know anything about it. :confused:

I am a member of an adult site, been a member for 2 years but only had my photo on about 6 months ago, only met 1 woman, pay around £10 a month ot £100 a year. Think of how many women I could get in Stoke-on-Trent for that! lollollol ;) :o :D

Soldato
I got a message from a woman on a dating site last week, she offered to transfer me $60000000 (SIX MILLION US DOLLARS) if I sent her over a bit of dosh to get the money released. Lovely woman. I'm sending the cheque tomoz.

Soldato
I met my girlfriend of nearly two months on Match.com. We are both 24, pretty normal people really, just seemed like a good, no fuss way of getting to know someone else and so far it's worked out really well. Even though it's become much more accepted, we have still made up a little story to tell people how we met rather than saying we met online! :p

Soldato
I met my fiancee online through a dating site.
We've been together for four years now and we're getting married in October this year.

Going back to post two?
Depends what kind of dating site you are joining.
If you're looking to get laid then forget it - those sites are full of blokes looking to get laid.
If you're actually looking for a chance of a relationship then yes they can and do work.
Oh and OP - you've tried it once and it didn't work out.
Well yer, that kind of thing can happen you know, not working out the very first time you meet somebody :-/

Looks like many a people in this thread are simply looking for a shag.
Go out and attempt to get some in person, I'm sure you'll find it somewhere.
Sitting at your computer all night long is going to net you nothing more than your usual "Betty Palm and her five little sisters".
But then again this is the internet - use some bravado and you can tell people you get as many women as you like whenever you like online.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tried it once. Received one e-mail. It was from the perfect girl. We met a week later. Married 6 months later. Nearly 4 years on and my life is brilliant.

For all the "cool kids" who think on-line dating is sad........it's your loss. Trust me.

Soldato
I actually signed up on a korean site to find language partners...It wasnt expressly a dating site but i guess thats what its used for...

anyway, ive met several girls on there and we werent language partners.

Id never use one in the UK...because its mainly saddos and freaks that use them....its different in this country cos everyone is unbelievably busy so the internet is the ONLY way to meet people in some cases.

Soldato
Hate said:
so, the people that have been sucessful / unsucessful - what sites have you used? :p

match.com is where I met my other half.
They were even running a free 30 day trial - not happy with the service get a full refund.
I actually met my fiancee after 25 days so in theory I could have had a full refund....
They run promotions like "If you don't find someone in 6 months they give you 6 months free membership etc"

Soldato
InsomniaCalls said:
Maybe because they can't get laid the normal way either?

I'm assuming there was some kind of sarcasm involved in this reply?
It's early, it's Monday morning so it may have gone straight over my head.

Soldato
DannyDan said:
I got a message from a woman on a dating site last week, she offered to transfer me $60000000 (SIX MILLION US DOLLARS) if I sent her over a bit of dosh to get the money released. Lovely woman. I'm sending the cheque tomoz.

Wow, what a great find! :)

:p

Soldato
stoofa said:
I'm assuming there was some kind of sarcasm involved in this reply?
It's early, it's Monday morning so it may have gone straight over my head.

Not really - the OP said he found girls on an online dating agency to be ugly.
Surely this goes without saying - if they were hot property they'd be pulling like normal people!

Soldato
“Surely this goes without saying - if they were hot property they'd be pulling like normal people!”
Unless they are the hot shy type that doesn’t like going out to party’s, pubs or other place’s with large groups of people.

Permabanned
Replicant said:
But talking to random people whilst shopping seems a little odd to me.

How else do you meet new people then, MSN Messenger?

You see a girl that looks nice, and that she isn't with a boyfriend, and you make conversation with her.

I'm not saying that people go shopping just to meet people, you can do it anywhere, I'm just using shopping centres as an example.

Caporegime
Curio said:
Tried it once. Received one e-mail. It was from the perfect girl. We met a week later. Married 6 months later. Nearly 4 years on and my life is brilliant.

For all the "cool kids" who think on-line dating is sad........it's your loss. Trust me.

Exactly, i met my gf through a website a year ago. We are still together and extremely happy even though she lives in NYC and i live here but we still make it work.
Online dating isnt a bad thing, yes there are some right nutters out there...women who have wayyyyy too many personal issues but as with life....you have to go through the **** before you find gold:p

Soldato
Pottsey said:
Unless they are the hot shy type that doesn’t like going out to party’s, pubs or other place’s with large groups of people.

That all very well but lets face it - the majority of people who use that kind of thing probably aren't what they claim to be.
Surely they could meet someone through friends or colleagues.
I know plenty of shy couples who've met through friends without needing to pimp themselves on mates/faceparty or whatever.

No offence to anyone who has found love this way - I'm happy for you.
Just seems a bit mad to me.

Soldato
InsomniaCalls said:
Not really - the OP said he found girls on an online dating agency to be ugly.
Surely this goes without saying - if they were hot property they'd be pulling like normal people!

Ah right.
So basically anyone who uses online dating is ugly and it is the only way they will meet somebody equally ugly.
Also if these ugly people want to get laid (a rare old thing I know because only beautiful people have sex don't they?) they too are forced to do this via online?

Sorry - I honestly thought there was sarcasm in your post and now I see there was none.
Very closed minded.

*Edit*
I'm assuming your current partner is hot property because you didn't meet her online but at a club or similar?

Back
Top Bottom