has anyone used digital rev?

Associate
having bought a few things and a lens from DR ive been pretty happy with their service, but what are they like with cameras? i assume still warrantied in uk. looking at d7100 as its a good bit cheaper than anywhere else.

Associate
Ordered a 600d with kit lens from DR yesterday, after looking in this thread and discovering shops like ProCameraShop, OneStop Digital and HDEW, I think any future orders will be from them!

Hopefully I don't run into any problems with DR. :D

Associate
Ordered a 600d with kit lens from DR yesterday, after looking in this thread and discovering shops like ProCameraShop, OneStop Digital and HDEW, I think any future orders will be from them!

Hopefully I don't run into any problems with DR. :D

Yes these 3 are showing my lens cheaper than DR - anyone recommend one over another?

Soldato
hhmm tried to get some cricket shots with my Brother in law today but i only had the 24-105mm which is my longest lens, would a canon 70-200mm f4 IS be ok as a general lens with sport in the mix as well ?? found it for £750 or would i be better of with the sigma 70-200mm f2.8 ??

Soldato
Ultimately depends entirely how far away from the subject you are.

I can't vouch for the 70-200 f/4, but the 70-200 f/2.8 is fantastic for sport as its got lightning fast AF and produces a great image.

Soldato
Ultimately depends entirely how far away from the subject you are.

I can't vouch for the 70-200 f/4, but the 70-200 f/2.8 is fantastic for sport as its got lightning fast AF and produces a great image.

While am sure the 2.8 is one of the best lens around, i just cant justify the cost of one and the weight of it while i am about, would put me of using it

Soldato
Sure, I was also pointing out though that the focal length is good, presumably the f/4 has similar tracking speed.

You typically always see professional sports shooters with one body with a 70-200mm on, while of course also having a huge telephoto prime.

Associate
what i have found with digitalrev is that as long as you dont have problems and need a refund or repair then they are fine. However i am still waiting a refund after 3 weeks of them having received my return. but hey i shouldnt really blame them, after all, as they explained to me, this is the fault of the third party they use for money collection. Mind you when i asked who that company was they said they cant tell me that. Looks like this is going to have to go to the credit card company to deal with.

Caporegime
im thinking of getting a 7d from digital rev, the price is more than tempting

its either a 60D from uk 600ish
or
7d from digital rev for for 700 saving at least 300.

Im just debating the risk.. how many of these cams actually go faulty if arrive in good condition? The credit card will cover any 'on arrival' issues i guess

Associate
im thinking of getting a 7d from digital rev, the price is more than tempting

its either a 60D from uk 600ish
or
7d from digital rev for for 700 saving at least 300.

Im just debating the risk.. how many of these cams actually go faulty if arrive in good condition? The credit card will cover any 'on arrival' issues i guess

I didn't have any problems with my order, ordered Thursday night I think, had the camera Monday morning. Hopefully I don't run into any issues! :D

Associate
Got my 650D and a couple of lenses from them all arrived in perfect working order. The only risk you have is if something goes wrong Canon may not service your camera in the UK.

Soldato
Canon will service your camera, just they will charge you for it.

Digital Rev's policy is that either you get it done in the UK and pay and they will assess the work and repay you, or you send it back to Hong Kong. I've never had to do it, but I'm sure its been tested.

Associate
DigitalRev

Has anyone here purchased anything from DigitalRev online store?

There prices are so much lower than anywhere else and they have good reviews on the site but thought i would ask here to see if anyone has first hand experience dealing with them .

Back
Top Bottom